Payroll Tax Manager
We Are Expanding and Looking For Talented People to Join Our Dynamic Team!
This position is responsible for all payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and filing local, state, and federal payroll tax returns. May supervise 1 or more subordinates in the calculation and reporting of tax liabilities, in responding to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies. Also responsible for researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures.
While working in an office environment, the Payroll Tax Manager (PTM) will supply payroll tax support to clients. The PTM assists clients with the proper set up and documentation for their tax needs, including addressing any tax issues that need to be resolved. In addition, the PTM will oversee the reconciliation of the bank account register to confirm collection of funds.
- Responsible for all payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state and federal regulations and filing local, state and federal payroll tax returns.
- Prepare, calculate and review amended returns that are requested by the client or necessary upon account review.
- Investigate and respond to all questions and special requests from clients and regulatory agencies in a timely manner.
- Research laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures to ensure clients are in compliance with all federal, state and local government mandates.
- Oversee the calculating and reporting of tax liabilities to ensure correct and timely filings, including reconciling that tax bank account register.
- Review automated system output such as registers, standard reports and payroll returns, determining and correcting out-of-balance conditions.
- Partners with the benefits and HR divisions to ensure continuity of client services
- College 4 yr. degree and 2+ years of the industry related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent degree
- Preferred EA/CPA license
- Minimum of one to two years of progressive experience in payroll tax desired
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Good team player with excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Results oriented, flexible.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities
- Maintains confidentiality tact, thoroughness, and professionalism in representing the organization
Being a leader in the Employee Benefits, HR, and Payroll industry means opportunity for you. We began operations in 2004 and have had explosive growth since. We are family focused, motivated, and have great growth plans. Simply put, we are a GREAT place to work!
EBC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy (or related condition), ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other factors that are prohibited by federal, state or local law.
West Seneca, NY
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 07:58:17 PDT