Student Life Manager - Campus Life
The Lehman College campus is located in Bronx, New York. and is a Senior College within the City University of New York (CUNY) system. Lehman is the only four-year public college in the Bronx and is recognized as a Hispanic Serving Institution. The college serves mainly undergraduate students preparing them for employment, the professions and further study.
The Office of Campus Life provides educational co-curricular programs and activities for Lehman College students. Reporting to the Director of Campus Life, the Associate Director will provide Lehman College students with a full complement of leadership development and service learning opportunities. The Associate Director will have excellent leadership training skills, providing staff and students with regular training opportunities and will be able to work collaboratively with academic departments, administrators and faculty members to develop a service learning program for students.
In addition to the Title Overview, duties include:
- Manage a leadership program that integrates the components of civic engagement, community service, and leadership development.
- Plan and implement a retreat for student leaders at the beginning of the fall semester and mid semester in the spring.
- Monitor academic progress of student leaders.
- Develop a comprehensive student leadership website and oversee the design content and production of printed materials such as handbooks, newsletters, etc. regarding student leadership.
- Work with the Director of Campus Life in the recruitment, training, and supervision of all professional and administrative staff.
- Manage off-campus field trips to allow students to observe and meet with recognized leaders in elected and corporate settings.
- Administer the OTPS and personnel budget for student leadership programs.
- Assist the Director of Campus Life with the coordination and supervision of activities and programs sponsored or co-sponsored by the Office of Campus Life.
- Develop and maintain relationships with academic departments to promote mentoring relationships.
- Maintain professional membership in NASPA, ACPA, and related national or local student personnel organizations.
- May act in the Director of Campus Life's absence.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of student programs and quality of life issues, promoting the personal development of a diverse student population.
- Evaluates student needs and trends to develop a range of student services
- Develops and administers specific programs and general activities in support of student needs
- Develops relationships with college departments and outside community organizations to understand student needs and available development opportunities
- Represents the College in campus-wide and university-wide groups and councils focusing on priority student issues
- Manages staff, fiscal resources, and facilities supporting student affairs activities
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Life Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu
May 12, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Lehman College
Job Title: Student Life Manager - Campus Life
Job ID: 16644
Full/Part Time: Full-Time