FISCAL SUPPORT ANALYST
Working Title: Accountant
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Convocation Center
Division: Finance and Administration
Proposed Salary Range: $29,251.00
Position Summary: The Fiscal Support Analyst is responsible for performing a wide variety of fiscal related tasks that are standard or regular support duties within an assigned department or program and for researching financial data and preparing reports. This position is governed by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
- Have working knowledge of Ticketing Software
- Reconcile season, individual (home and away) games and special events with Finance Department and the computerized ticketing system and Respond to Internal Auditor's audit reports;
- Oversee payment accounting for lifetime and employee season tickets, Red Wolves Foundation donations, and President's Office tickets.
- Monitor the Central Box Office Banner account, reconcile sales deposits and transfer funds monthly and at the conclusion of events.
- Maintain current and permanent records of all season ticket holders in football, men's and women's basketball, volleyball and baseball, Fowler and Theatre.
- Assist with the upgrade and maintenance of both Ticketing Hardware and Software. Be able to communicate computer issues with both the A-State ITS Department on campus and the Ticketing Software Company.
- Assist with customer notification of ticketing on-sales; including e-mail blasts and event layouts.
- Answer ticket office telephones supplying customers with event and other ticket information; perform phone charge transactions to sell tickets; take phone messages for ticket staff members when necessary.
- Wait on public ticket customers at box office window; perform cash, check and charge transactions to sell tickets.
- Handle all customers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Assist in coordination of event/game ticket reservations/will call. Be familiar with policies and procedures of the A-State Central Box Office, Convocation Center, Arkansas State University, Sun Belt Conference and the NCAA.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Box Office Manager, Box Office Assistant Manager or the Convocation Center Director.
General Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm; plus any nights, weekends, and holidays as required by the event schedule.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of accounting principals and database management.
Knowledge of software applications.
Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and policies of assigned section.
Knowledge of customer service techniques.
Ability to comprehend and assimilate technical and business related documents.
Ability to apply policies and procedures and other applicable regulations associated with assigned department or program.
Ability to conduct research, perform quantitative quality assurance reviews, and prepare reports.
Minimum Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in general business, finance, or a related field.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.