LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
Lab Research Analyst I Position Job Description
A Lab Research Analyst I position is available in the lab and Duke Preclinical translational research Unit (PTRU) at Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC (www.preclinical.duke.edu ). PTRU is focus on animal model and accelerating translational research via design the animal study, plan the strategy of translational pathway and conduct all the animal experiment, analysis, new animal model, and providing support our research collaborations, our pharmaceutical industry partners.
Perform a variety of complex and independent activities involved in planning, organizing and conducting preclinical research studies within the overall scope of a research project at Duke University.
- Conduct preclinical investigations, specific responsibilities include development and implementation of experimental procedures (e.g. treatment procedures, surgical procedures, developing SOPs, establish and maintain GLP standard).
- Perform preclinical experimental procedures (e.g. injections, treatment, animal handling, surgical procedures, etc.).
- Collect observational data, as well as quantitative imaging or other endpoints to be determined based on the study.
- Work as part of a diverse multidisciplinary team to most efficiently and effectively answer a research question.
- Manage submission of research proposals and final reports.
- Work with investigator to plan the research for new and existing preclinical research projects
- Conduct animal work, and devise experimental techniques for tests and analyses. Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions
- Order supplies and equipment
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in biology, animal experiment for four years of experience in research/data analysis or related position including hands-on experience in basic laboratory techniques. Experience managing a laboratory is preferable. Candidates will be expected to develop and adapt new technologies, GLP standard, and SOP. Therefore, excellent teamwork, communication and adaptability are highly desirable.
1888 LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherdirectly related scientific field.
Work requires two years of research experience. A related master'sdegree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g., atwo year master's degree in lieu of two years of experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.