Director of Quality Assurance and Compliance
Working Title: Director of Quality Assurance and Compliance
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 04-13-2017
The Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia is seeking a Director of Quality Assurance and Compliance who will be responsible for leading and overseeing the multiple and complex quality assurance and improvement initiatives impacting the core clinical processes of the department. This position will work collaboratively with other administrators, managers, and physicians across the Health System to identify and enhance strategic clinical issues specific to Radiology & Medical Imaging, and will develop programs with associated metrics which produce quantitative and qualitative results for both internal and external Health System and Departmental customers. Performance outcome deliverables will include, but will not be limited to, quality, safety, satisfaction, service, operational efficiency, education, and process improvements. The incumbent will also present/teach quality initiatives to clinical faculty members and trainees.
Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in Health Administration, Project Management, or related field, and a minimum of four years of progressively responsible management experience is required. A Master's degree may substitute for experience; or a combination of experience and education may be considered.
This is a restricted position and is contingent on the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to manage complex information and provide specialized advice. Ability to manage the activities of the team or program. Ability to align program with University, state, and federal policies and regulations.
2. Deep knowledge of the project management discipline. Mastery of program information. Ability to advise team appropriately in area of expertise.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information in area of project management. Proven ability to clearly articulate team mission, vision, and goals.
4. Demonstrate experience building, leading, motivating, and assessing, small professional teams.
5. Ability to advise team on the implementation and modification of technological components of project management. Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret information for senior University leaders. Ability to oversee team training and access University systems.
7. Exemplify the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81621