Senior IT Change Manager
Who we are:
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University's academic, research and service missions. We're located in the heart of the beautiful CU-Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What your key responsibilities will be:
In this role, you will apply a structured methodology and lead the change management activities of the various schools and departments at CU Boulder, ensuring that they are prepared for the new business process and systems implementations and change initiatives.
You will focus your efforts in driving change management across the Boulder campus including:
- Working with project leadership to develop change management strategies, integrating those strategies into the project plan and ensuring successful roll-out of applications.
- Cultivating the campus-wide change management network.
- Manage readiness strategies, activities, documentation and coordination with training and other functional and technical teams, ensuring that understanding of change impacts are fully shared across campus.
- Developing communications plans and presentations in concert with project teams, school and central senior administrators.
- Providing change management expertise to communications teams in the development of a variety of communications channels and means.
- Associated project management activities.
What we can offer:
Annual base salary for this position is competitive, market-driven and dependent upon relevant background and experience. In addition the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Business Management, Information Systems, Communications, or a similar, related field. A combination of education and or relevant experience as described below may be substituted for the bachelor's on a year for year basis.
• 3 years of experience in change management, utilizing tools and techniques to transition individuals, teams, and organizations to a desired future state.
• 2 years of experience leading functional and technical staff and consultants through a change management approach on a systems implementation or similar large-scale business initiatives.
What you will need:
Strength in the following areas:
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of applications
• Written and verbal communication
• Presentation and organizational skills
• Team-building skills
• Customer service skills
• Analytical skills
Demonstrated success in the following areas:
• Ability to navigate a complex political environment
• Ability to work with people of varying skills and knowledge
• Ability to engage with senior management and gather their feedback
What we'd like you to have:
• 5 years of experience as an employee in a complex higher education environment with complex business processes and the ability to break down organizational boundaries to allow adoption of change.
• 2 years of experience analyzing financial and/or human resources systems, processes, or data
• Formal certification in and demonstrated experience applying industry-standard change management methodologies such as Prosci ADKAR, Kotter, etc.
• Consulting experience
• Knowledge of organizational dynamics
• Experience in developing a communications strategies
• Knowledge of a formal software development and implementation methodology
• Knowledge of the University of Colorado's financial, HR/payroll, and/or research administration processes.
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials, HCM, Grants or other ERP systems
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 21, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-Position Number.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10948 - OIT-Administration
Posting Date: Apr 12, 2017
Closing Date: Apr 21, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resrouces
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00732095