Clinical Research Lab Technician
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
University of Colorado Cancer Center
Clinical Research Laboratory Technician
Position # 00671957 - Requisition 09164
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Cancer Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Clinical Research Lab Technician.
The University of Colorado Cancer Center, located at the Anschutz Medical Campus, is Colorado's only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, a distinction recognizing its outstanding contributions to research, clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. CU Cancer Center's clinical partner for adult care, University of Colorado Hospital is ranked in the top 25 by U.S. News and World Report for cancer care and Children's Hospital Colorado is ranked 9th by the same organization. The CU Cancer Center is a member of the prestigious National Comprehensive Cancer Network®, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers working to establish and deliver the gold standard in cancer clinical guidelines. CU Cancer Center also is a member of the Oncology Research Information Exchange Network (ORIEN), a unique research partnership among North America's top cancer centers leveraging multiple data sources and matching patients to targeted treatments. CU Cancer Center is a consortium of approximately 400 researchers and physicians at three state universities and three clinical institutions, all working toward one goal: Translating science into life.
As a member of the clinical research team this position is responsible for the processing, storage and shipment of various types of samples (serum, plasma, tissue and urine) associated with Phase I-IV clinical trials in accordance with the requirements of each protocol. Study-specific kits are prepared prior to patient visits to facilitate collection of all research samples. In addition, the position requires attention to detail to facilitate proper documentation of collection and processing times in protocol specific source documents and/or pharmacokinetic (PK) log. Development of source documents is to be completed for sample collection when documents are not provided by study sponsor.
The position requires accurate and timely shipping of specimens and the proper IATA training to facilitate this. Daily refrigerator and freezer temperature logs are to be maintained as well as ensuring that necessary maintenance on laboratory equipment (centrifuge, freezer, and refrigerator) occurs as to comply with study sponsor and UCH regulations. The position also requires professional interactions with sponsors and the resolution of lab-related queries. Study supplies are to be tracked in an inventory spreadsheet, replenished as needed and unpacked as received.
This position assures adherence to all research standards as set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Office for the Protection Against Research Risks (OPPR), the University of Colorado Hospital (UCH), and the CU Cancer Center. The incumbent is responsible for reporting and recording all pertinent information, not otherwise specified above, in a timely manner with attention to HIPAA. Finally, this position attends investigator-coordinator meetings, initial orientations, study audits, and closeout visits as needed.
Salary and Benefits
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Two years of clinical, research, or lab experience.
- Substitution: College, university or non-correspondence school coursework related to science and/or laboratory work may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis (please make this clear on your resume).
- An Associate's degree or higher in the sciences or in a related field.
- Previous experience with specimen collection, data collection and quality assurance monitoring.
- Experience using laboratory equipment.
- Experience working with students, staff and faculty within an educational medical environment.
- Experience cleaning and maintaining laboratories and lab equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Windows, MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology, medical terminology
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task; demonstrates strength in resolving problems swiftly and independently.
- Ability to work productively, and turn out high-quality results on challenging, time-critical assignments.
- Ability to learn, interpret and master complex protocol information.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Allysse Paquette at Allysse.Paquette@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by April 25, 2017 Those who do not apply by April 25, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20066 - SOM-U of Colo Cancer Center
Posting Date: Apr 13, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Allysse Paquette
Posting Contact Email: Allysse.Paquette@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00671957