Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 04-14-2017
This position assists the Department Chairperson in various areas of administration and is responsible for the supervision of civil service office support staff and student clerical assistants. The incumbent performs numerous functions designated by the Department Chair related to the office goals and objectives. He/she organizes, prioritizes, and directs clerical work required by faculty, teaching assistants, both graduate and undergraduate. The person in this job performs functions of a highly complex and confidential nature; therefore, discretion and independent judgment are required. The person in this job must have extensive knowledge of all university policies and procedures and be able to implement them with little or no direction.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or any combination totaling five (5) years (60 months) from the following categories:
(a) college course work in business, finance, accounting or a related field:
- 60 semester hours or an Associate's degree equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- 120 semester hours or a Bachelor's degree equals three (3) years (36 months)
- Master's degree or higher equals four (4) years (48 months)
(b) progressively more responsible general or specialized office experience which included aspects of supervising staff or job function, organizing, and performing duties that lead to knowledge of generally accepted office principles
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.