Research Specialist I
Requisition # 2017-7369
Category Research and Laboratory
Date Posted 4/13/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Princeton University Department of Chemistry seeks applicants for a Research Specialist I/II position working in the area of chemical biology. In order to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume/CV (including GPA if recent graduate), and contact information for 3 references. This position is a one-year term position, with possibility of renewal based on funding and successful performance.
Proposed Start Date: June-September 2017
Responsibilities include (but are not not limited to):
- Performing experiments and research tasks independently
- Working collaboratively with the PI and other lab reserachers
- Providing research support to the laboratory
- Ordering supplies and lab equipment
- Organizing supplies and maintaining laboratory reagent inventories
- B.A. degree
- Prior laboratory research experience
- Highly motivated, dedicated, and problem-solving oriented
- Organized and meticulous
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding academic record with a Bachelor's degree in chemistry, molecular biology or a related field
- Experience in organic synthesis and analytical methods such as NMR, HPLC, mass spectrometry
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including PCR, gel electrophoresis, cloning, and Western Blotting
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Comments Related to End Date
Proposed Start Date - June-September 2017 - One year term position
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.