Membership Coordinator (Administrative Support Associate - Journey)
Position Number 12519
Position Classification Title Administrative Support Assc
Functional Title Membership Coordinator (Administrative Support Associate - Journey)
Position Type Staff
The Department of Recreation & Wellness is a broad department located in the Division of Student Affairs, which includes organized and informal sports, fitness, outdoor adventures, wellness and experiential education programming. The Mission of the Department of Recreation & Wellness is to provide intentional experiential opportunities for students and the UNC-Greensboro community that provide healthy behaviors and foster student development.
The Membership Coordinator primary responsibilities are to; provide customer service to students, faculty, staff and other patrons by providing program information about the various program areas of the department and selling the various services offered by the Department, serve as the point person for memberships to the Leonard J. Kaplan Center for Wellness, maintain up to date records and files on members of the facility, processing payments, cancellations and inputing data into the FUSION software system, process payments and registrations for Personal Training, Fitness Programs and other special events and to provide support for twenty-two professional staff members by assisting with administrative tasks as needed.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sell all Recreation and Wellness services to students, faculty, staff, alumni and others. This includes but is not limited to: memberships, personal training, locker rentals, swim lessons, safety courses and fitness classes.
- Maintain all records of memberships and sales for the department. Must be able to develop a work process to sell memberships, handle all monetary transactions, keep accurate records for memberships, parking passes, lockers, and program specific services. Work within the FUSION software system to maintain accurate and detailed records for both usage and point of sale tasks.
- Ability to run various reports in FUSION related to sales, access and usage.
- Set-up payroll deduction for faculty/staff members in Banner as memberships are purchased. Reconcile transactions from POS register daily.
- Compose and send out membership, locker renewal reminder letters and departmental notices as needed.
- Providing outstanding customer service and attention to patrons and potential members of the facility.
- Administer the Recreation and Wellness email account by responding to or forwarding messages to appropriate staff members.
- Provide outreach and promotion for memberships and other programs and services offered by the department including but not limited to table sits, information fairs and new employee orientation. Responsible for sending new employees welcome letter and punch cards monthly.
- Assist the full-time staff with administrative duties and work related to departmental services. Assist with supervision of student staff working with memberships and other services. Serve as backup person to process daily deposits. Ensuring that the administrative office is covered for all hours of business. Answer department phone line and forward calls and/or answer questions for the person calling. Assist with other duties as assigned.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.
- Associate's Degree or Two-year college equivalent required.
- One to two years professional experience in sales, customer service, patron relations or similar required.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively with students, faculty, etc. in person and over the phone.
- Ability to prepare reports, special assignments and similar documents.
- Ability to manage multiple and unexpected responsibilities.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) References, in the References section of the electronic application.
In addition to the brief electronic application, applicants are required to upload the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• List of References (optional)
Recruitment Range $29,433 - $33,500
Org #-Department Department of Recreation and Wellness - 44801
Work Hours of Position 8:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M., Monday - Friday
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Knowledge- Program: Understands programs and services to apply this knowledge in problem-solving and responding to most questions and inquiries. Uses program knowledge to interface with other offices and organizations
Communication- Verbal: Responds to questions/issues that deviate from standard operating procedures by determining and consulting appropriate resources such as policies, manuals or other staff. Responds to requests for program and procedural information. Contacts service recipients, vendors, or clients to provide or obtain information.
Information/Records Administration: Records, compiles and summarizes data using established format. Compiles and organizes information from different sources to develop reports and data.
Work Coordination: Facilitates flow of work throughout a dynamic work unit. Coordinates and directs the office support activities and manages a wide variety of records, reports and files. May develop new processes or procedures relevant to the support needs of the office.
Open Date 04/13/2017
Close Date 04/26/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 59
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Writing Sample(s)
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu