Advanced Practice Provider I/UKHC
The UKHealthCare Sleep Disorder Center is looking to add a key member to its multidisciplinary team.
The Advanced Practice Provider I (APP) will provide patient care and disease management for those suffering with sleep disorders including obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), insomnia and narcolepsy among other disorders.
The APP should have advanced medical knowledge and experience from an ambulatory setting.
Sleep Medicine experience is a plus, but is not required as the APP will work work closely with sleep certified physicians, clinical coordinators and respiratory therapy sleep technicians to provide evaluation, treatment, and care management for patients of the UKHealthCare Sleep Disorder Center .
Advanced Practice Provider I/UKHC
7H363:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - PULMONAR
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, active Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license.
For Physician Assistant applicants, current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification and active Kentucky Physician Assistant (PA) license.
Employment is contingent upon the University's verification of credentials as required by state law and University policies.
on occasion, may lift objects up to 50 lbs
days with nights/weekend call
Technical and professional knowledge, dependability, time management, effective communication and computer skills.
Ambulatory Patient Care experience.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Prefer experience with sleep testing.
Prefer MSN degree.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months, or are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or eligible to obtain certification within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience as an Advanced Practice Provider.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant experience as it relates to this position and indicate which license you hold.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita