Administrative Assistant V (F/T), CF1N10042BTEC
Performs all administrative assistant duties in support of the Dean of the division. Involves working closely with full-time and part-time faculty, as well as students. This position requires excellent clerical skills, problem-solving ability, and thorough knowledge of the College and its policies and procedures. Involves working autonomously, assuming initiative and responsibility, and requires little supervision.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant V (F/T), CF1N10042BTEC
Duties of Position:
- Assists Dean in his/her daily administrative duties including scheduling meetings with faculty and students, maintain the administrator's calendar, maintains the full-time faculty evaluation schedule, produces reports in the Colleague system and Business Objects, assists with updating the Astra Course Preferences listing, etc.
- Acts as liaison between division faculty, staff, and students. Maintains full- and part-time faculty database in Access. Processes class cancellations for absences; maintains database of absences/substitutes, and processes absence reporting and substitute payment for faculty. Orders keys/prox card assess for faculty via Footprints. Orders and maintains a collection of textbook desk copies for new faculty.
- Compiles materials for special projects; types and/or processes a variety of documents including reports, charts, statistical documents forms, letters, memos, etc. for dean, and supervisor.
- Assists Deans, Faculty Coordinators, and Support Specialists with scheduling courses for the division. This includes processing all forms to the Centralized Scheduling Office, including specialized rooms and computer labs. May assist with the assignment of load percentages for instructors, inputs faculty assignments into Colleague, prints, and verifies the accuracy of all scheduling data.
- Prepares and distributes packets for search committee(s), schedules interviews with applicants, coordinates travel arrangements, arrange tours, oversees that appropriate paperwork is submitted to Human Resources. Other personnel support as needed.
- Assists faculty and administrators with arrangements for events, meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, and orientation programs offered by the division. Including processing of all meeting requests using the Astra scheduling system; processes Event Confirmation forms, and processes Dining Services requisitions.
- Processes requisitions for purchases through the Mercury Commerce. Tracks and maintain databases of purchases and travel reimbursement expenses and professional development requests. Reviewer for faculty travel via Concur and invoice approvals via WebNow.
- Coordinates cancellation of classes prior to a term: contacts students and assists them in enrolling in an alternative class; updates statistical report on number of classes and students affected.
- Participates in program and committee meetings as well as represent the division on College-wide committees.
- Assists in creating new procedures and/or streamlining current procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Two years' administrative experience in an office environment. High level of written and verbal communication skills required to work in multicultural environment, ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions, excellent organizational skills. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Two years college, or equivalent in education and experience.
Four to five years' prior work experience as an administrative assistant in an automated office with integrated text and data.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
PC desktop, with MS Office software, copy machine, fax, scanner, College of DuPage MyAccess student system, Colleague system and Business Objects/Advantage system.
Regular 40 hours per week with adjustment of schedule during peak work load time. Considerable contact with the public and involves a great deal of interruptions during peak periods. Works in a multicultural environment. Requires diplomacy, confidentiality and patience.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Business & Technology - BTEC
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt