Registrar– Staff - California Northstate University, Elk Grove, California, USA
POSITION TITLE: Registrar
REPORTS TO: Vice President
WORK SCHEDULE: 1.0 FTE, full time, exempt
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Registrar provides leadership for the University by ensuring the integrity of student academic records and the fair, knowledgeable application of related academic policies. The Registrar is expected to handle multiple responsibilities, solve complex problems, and ensure that systems and processes meet service expectations. In addition, the Registrar performs duties necessary to implement and maintain the current SIS. Maintains student registration and schedules; prepares transcripts and enrollment/degree verifications and ensures FERPA compliance at all times.
- Maintain all records for full compliance with State, Federal, and college policies and procedures.
- Integrates academic policy in all records management processes and ensures policies are complied with consistently.
- Prepare and conduct annual FERPA training for all faculty and staff which includes a training seminar each summer in addition to an online FERPA training module.
- Promotes student success through departmental data management. Continues to improve the timeliness of information processing through effective system management and interdepartmental communication.
- Writes and disseminates reports/records as needed for internal offices. Work closely with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Assessment to ensure proper information is reported for accreditation purposes.
- Enhances the level of customer services for all clients of the Registrar’s office through improved online services, continued evaluation and updating of self-service features.
- Conduct degree audits and monitor student academic records to ensure compliance with academic regulations and program requirements for graduation.
- Manage pre-registration, registration and course enrollment.
- Responsible for grade posting, reporting and grade change requests.
- Work with the appropriate Experiential Department staff to ensure second, third, and fourth year students are registered in the correct rotational courses.
- Oversee the production, accuracy and timeliness of student transcripts and provide active assistance as needed.
- Oversee student name and address changes, student registration and schedules; prepares transcripts and enrollment/degree verifications.
- Review, design, implement and enforce academic policies relating to academic progress, retention, registration, academic records and graduation requirements.
- Develop web content and maintain Office of the Registrar web page and Office of the Registrar social media accounts. Maintain forms for website and faculty and student portals.
- Monitors the quality of office services and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Assures efficient and accurate delivery of Registrar’s Office functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: 4-year college degree
Preferred: Master’s degree
Required: 2 years data entry, computer experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel; customer service experience. Experience working in a college or university registration office.
Preferred: 4 + years’ experience working in a registration office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to process a high volume of data entry.
- Strong knowledge of various computer software including the ability to learn new programs.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with students and the public.
- Effectively communicate to individuals and small groups.
- Regularly explains policies, listens effectively and provides solutions.
- Uses creative problem solving to address issues; seeks resolutions.
- Writes effectively; able to create clear and concise documentation for Registrar’s Office procedures.
- Must be able to work in a multi-tasked high volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities.
- Commitment to professional integrity, including knowledge of and commitment to upholding federal confidentiality guidelines regarding confidentiality of student academic information.
- Skills to manage and handle difficult, sensitive and/or confidential issues effectively with persons of varying ages and ethnic backgrounds, special student organizations, alumni, campus staff, faculty, the public, and others.
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment.
- Commitment to seeking appropriate professional development.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assistant Registrar reports to the Registrar.
CONTACTS: Students, parents, alumni, general public, faculty, staff.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work at computer for extended periods of time. Move/manipulate supplies and equipment of various weights (up to 25lbs)
Office environment. Work occasional varied lunch hours. Work occasional flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and work overtime as the need arises.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. For full consideration, candidates should provide curriculum vitae/resume with at least three references. All candidates are asked to provide a cover letter, articulating how their knowledge, experience, and beliefs have prepared them to function in support of California Northstate University's vision and mission statements.
Please submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, list of references, and any additional information to the HR Department . Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. For inquiries, please contact us by email or by telephone: (916) 686-7400.
Apply for Registrar
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly