Scene Shop Supervisor
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
The Department of Theatre & Dance invites applications for the part-time support staff position of Scene Shop Supervisor to begin August, 2017. The Scene Shop Supervisor works approximately 20 to 25 hours per week, including both regular shop hours and occasional night and weekend hours for five weekends in support of mainstage productions.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate all technical operations of the department for the three main- stage dramatic productions and two dance concerts each academic year working in cooperation with the department's Theatre Design and Production faculty member.
- Monitor the condition of shop and stage equipment.
- Maintain supply inventory.
- Mentor and supervise student designers and technicians.
- Supervise student production use of departmental scenic, lighting, and properties stock.
- Check student production builds for safety.
- Provide technical support and preparation for all events held in the Chakeres Memorial Theatre.
- Other duties as assigned.
Post-secondary training in technical theatre or equivalent professional experience is required. Applicants must have the ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. We believe it is educationally imperative to further our students' appreciation and understanding of a culturally diverse society, and we are committed to ensuring a diverse environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or disability. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
To apply, please set-up an account and submit your application through our online system. Then, upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
- Letter of application
- The names, phone numbers, and email addresses for three professional references.
Additionally, three letters of recommendation should be sent to Professor Shih-Ming Chang, Chair, Department of Theatre & Dance, PO Box 720, Springfield, OH 45501.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.