Administrative Assistant II
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged.
Job Description Summary
The Marketing and Communications Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications and plays a key role in maintaining day-to-day operations of the department, meeting internal customer service needs and supporting the departments projects and special events.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for performing advanced administrative work including helping to maintain official records, implementing administrative policies, identifying process improvements and helping craft key communications. The incumbent of this position will have contact with high-level offices, requiring the use of business vocabulary, tact, discretion and sound judgment. The incumbent will also manage project assignments by monitoring the department’s Helpdesk for incoming requests, collecting detailed information about each project and routing assignments to team members appropriately; manage the University’s catalog and inventory of promotional items, from researching and vetting branded products for student recruitment and general marketing to compiling promotional packets for special groups and events.
- Execute a variety of advanced administrative activities such as composing messages, facilitating department purchases, interpreting and explaining established policies and procedures, summarizing reports and maintaining department asset libraries.
- Provide office operations support such as receiving and screening phone calls and visitors; scheduling meetings, conferences, seminars and special events; maintaining supervisor’s calendar; maintaining record-keeping systems; opening and reviewing incoming mail and responding to inquiries.
- Help to manage Marketing and Communications requests by collecting project information through the department’s Helpdesk and assigning projects as appropriate.
- Maintain and update databases and spreadsheets; conduct database queries using software programs; prepare special and recurring reports sometimes containing specialized or sensitive information.
- Provide wiring and editing support for a variety of communications, including articles, emails, blogs, brochures and internal communications as needed.
- Complete and maintain state purchasing training to manage all purchasing invoices and PCard transactions.
- Prepare minutes, notices, manuals, agendas and correspondence with all supporting documentation.
- Plan and coordinate conferences, meetings and/or special events under general instructions from supervisor.
- Arrange necessary travel reservations and itineraries; anticipate and prepare background materials, as needed.
- Create and maintain inventory of all promotional items.
- Upload content and material to FLPoly.org as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and process management skills.
- Skill in developing and maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Strong written composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation skills. (Knowledge of AP Style is a plus.)
- Skill in typing/word processing and use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Google Docs is a plus.
- Graphic design skills are a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent with six years of appropriate experience, Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience, Master’s degree and 2 years of relevant experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative position.
- A strong copywriter and editor who can participate in content development and proofing for articles, email blast, brochures, blogs and internal communications that help tell Florida Poly’s unique story.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: $16.14 - $18.00/hour, Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline Date: This position is opened until filled.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AND SUBMIT THEIR RESUMES BY VISITING THE FLORIDA POLYTECHNIC CAREERS WEBSITE: