Senior Electrical Engineer
Come be part of an exciting industry! You will provide electrical design development for the company's line of Galley Inserts and continuing maintenance and support of our existing products. This includes electrical design, simulation, layout, testing, documentation, and parts qualification as well as working and supporting other team members.
- Understand, apply, and develop new company standards, processes and best practices
- Perform topology selection and detailed design of power supply circuitry which meet stringent weight, cost, and reliability requirements of aircraft cabin environments
- In depth understanding and working knowledge of mircocontrollers, DSP's and FPGA's, both design of a board with such ICs, as well as writing firmware to support control of power supply
- In depth understanding and working knowledge of conducted and radiated EMI certification, testing, and amelioration techniques.
- Lead a team of electrical, mechanical and software engineers in specifying, designing, documenting, testing and troubleshooting new products
- Assist Production in resolving design-related issues. Research solutions and prepare documentation as required
- Develop Documentation, flowcharts, and diagrams to support problem analysis
- Work with other engineers and departments to research potential useful or alternate components
- Participate in requirements, design and source code reviews
- Support Customer Service and Repair by training and providing trouble shooting assistance
- Identify and implement opportunities for electrical development cycle time improvements
- Assist other members of development team
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- BS in Electrical Engineering with at least 7 years applicable experience or Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering with at least 3 years experience is required.
- Knowledge of Aircraft Industry helpful
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop existing ones
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Strong understanding and working experience with Microsoft Project and Office Tools
- Good presentation, communication and training skills
- Ability to multi-task and assess priorities in an ever changing environment
- Able to operate effectively in a team
Zodiac Executive Aircraft Inserts, a division of Zodiac Aerospace, is the industry leading designer, developer, and producer of high-end appliances for Executive and Business aircraft. Based in Sterling Virginia, ZXAI currently employs over 130 people. We offer a challenging work environment where you can make a difference.
Our competitive benefits package includes health and dental insurance, 401K, life insurance, long and short term disability and paid Holidays, sick and vacation leaves. Interested candidates should send resumes and salary requirements to be considered.
All candidates must be US citizens or permanent residents of the US.
Zodiac Executive Aircraft Inserts is an equal opportunity Employer.
Please note: Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 23:35:47 PDT