Senior Network/System Engineer
We are looking for a smart, experienced individual to provide technical leadership to our team of engineers, as well as provide high end project-based implementation services to our clients. This position is ideal for a hands-on, well rounded engineer who desires to be involved in all aspects of the IT field. The position requires strong resource and time management skills for projects, systems analysis, systems design, systems implementation, and systems support. Individual will need to be self-motivated, detail and process oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have solid problem solving/troubleshooting abilities.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients.
- Provide planning, testing, implementation, and documentation for various small and large projects and deployments for our new and existing customers.
- Act as an escalation point as issues arise across all projects. Provide recommendations on courses of action for these problems, both technical and non-technical.
- Assist in conflict resolution as needed across all projects.
- Identify when others may have communication gaps or struggles and assist in managing communications more effectively and timely.
- Mentor and motivate team members, especially in taking responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Assist in capturing and documenting Lessons Learned in all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Continuously analyze and contribute to the improvement of project management and technical processes.
- Stay on top of current technologies and industry trends.
- Develop technology proposals and assessments.
Talents, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledgeable in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting of the following technologies:
- Single and multi-site Active Directory 2008 or later environments.
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 or later environments.
- Networking technologies including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless.
- Multi-site WAN environments.
- On-premises network designs with multiple WAN and VLAN configurations (including but not limited to cabling, routing, routing protocols, switching, Internet, and overall network architecture).
- VMware / Hyper-V.
- VPN Technologies.
- Amazon (AWS) / Microsoft Azure.
- Remote Desktop Services.
- On-Premise to Office 365 Migrations.
- SonicWall, Fortinet and Sophos Firewalls.
- Ability to be flexible with work hours and responsibilities.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Must be self-motivated, detail and process oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have solid problem solving/troubleshooting abilities.
- Possesses ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Possesses ability to interpret variety of instructions furnished in written/oral/diagram/schedule form.
- Ability to read and comprehend written technical information in the form of technical manuals, parts books and relevant publications.
- Possesses ability to work in fast paced and changing environment.
- Possesses excellent telephone skills in leading users to solutions.
- Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals, is cost conscious.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Proven customer facing field experience.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience and expertise working with the following technologies. Certifications highly recommended.
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, and firewalls
- Active Directory environments
- Microsoft Exchange environments
Compensation: Competitively based on experience and qualifications. Generous bonus plan included. Healthcare and Retirement plans included. Ongoing training and certification opportunities included.
Additional requirements for consideration
- Proven prior compensation
- Reliable transportation
Sabio Information Technologies is a Miami based customer-focused Managed Services firm, providing exceptional service to small and medium business in the South Florida area for the past 15 years.
Wed, 12 Apr 2017 12:06:20 PDT