Media & Digital Projects Specialist
Media & Digital Projects Specialist
Scholar & Publics
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and into the system. A letter of interest is required for your application to be considered.
The Social Media & Digital Projects Specialist (IT Specialist) is responsible for the creation of content marketing and social media programs that support and promote Duke's Forum for Scholars and Publics. Areas of work may include: graphics, public relations, writing, interviewing, design for print and digital media, and social media strategy and implementation. Specific work examples include: Manage and/or assist with social media efforts through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; photograph and/or video recording subjects face-to-face; write and distribute public communication on a variety of topics; assist with design and copyediting content for print and web publications.
Specific responsibilities include:
Work with Faculty Director and Director of Programs of Duke's Forum for Scholars and Publics on relevant digital and print media projects. Assist in partnering with internal and external stakeholders to optimize content, including website copy, articles, microsites, webinars, videos, whitepapers, guest posts, tip sheets and case studies.
• Social Media - Manage day-to-day social media activities, including providing relevant content, managing posts and monitoring and initiating conversations.
- Leverage social media content for Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and other social media channels with a focus on driving interaction and sharability.
- Use social media tools and techniques to identify influencers by listening, tracking and engaging in relevant social media activity.
- Identify and engage with key partners to produce guest blogs and other forms of collaborative content.
- Assist with the management of the blog and other social channels by producing optimized content to drive interaction, engagement and conversion
- Write occasional blog posts.
- Define, execute and develop metrics for measuring social media strategy and tactics for effectiveness/impact. Maintain content tagging strategy to maximize content value.
- Act as a primary point of contact for Duke's Forum for Scholars and Publics to ensure seamless integration of website content and features to improve program awareness.
- Responsible for timely creation and updating of Webpages, microsites and multimedia at the direction of strategic leaders.
- Conduct pre- and post-production testing (U.I., cross-browser, etc.) on newly implemented website features.
- Provide technical assistance to multiple teams and collaborate with I.T. to ensure optimal page performance.
- Assist in partnering with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform regular maintenance of CMS content and media inventory, and produce regular reporting related to page analytics to ensure accurate metrics.
- Video and video-editing - Use video editing tools to edit video recorded in the studio or media supplied from other sources.
- Assist with the development of outreach initiatives to actively engage Duke and other relevant social communities.
- Work with Duke's network of communications professionals to stay abreast of university priorities and opportunities and emerging strategies for social media use.
- Provide strategic support to partners.
Required: BA/BS or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Preferred: Master's degree with a concentration in Communications or Information Science.
4+ years' experience in a content production heavy role
2+ years' experience in social media or digital marketing
Video/photo editing and proficiency with a variety of editing tools
Experienced writer capable of producing highly effective content quickly with little direction
Proficiency in basic HTML, Google Analytics and Content Management Systems. Broader
programming/coding experience (CSS, HTML5, etc.) is preferred.
In-depth knowledge of social media tools
Active participation in social media sites (Facebook and Twitter)
Must be creative with outstanding written communication skills, problem solving and analytical
Must be adaptive, personable and willing to work outside the defined scope to produce results
Strong communication and project management skills are required.
First shift; evening or weekend hours for special projects as required.
Must be able to lift 30 pounds, unpack equipment, and use basic hand-operated work tools to install and
maintain equipment. Must be able to work in an environment in which exposure to materials containing
dust and mold is possible.
Frequent bending, crouching, stooping
Normal office environment
May require occasional evenings and weekend work to facilitate major project completion
Occasional travel required
Ability to work independently
Knowledge of academic environment
660 SPECIALIST, IT
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.