RESEARCH PROGRAM LEADER, SR
RESEARCH PROGRAM LEADER, SR
This position will be key in assisting and mentoring research projects driven by residents, fellows and faculty in the Department of Orthopaedics, Division of Sports Medicine. We are looking for a team lead to assist with development, coordination, and implementation of projects and administrative strategies essential to the successful management of academic research projects and clinical trials research projects conducted by principal investigator(s) at Duke University Medical Center; perform a variety of duties involved in the organization, documentation and compilation of clinical research data. This position will have intellectual creativity and independence and the opportunity to become an integral part of the Sports Medicine Research Team.
- Assist and guide protocol development in areas of interest, perform literary searches and guide study design. Successful program management of a thriving clinical academic research program fostering future research leaders. This position will perform a variety of duties involved in the organization, documentation and compilation of clinical research data.
- Follow established guidelines in the collection of clinical data and administration of clinical trials; assist in the determination guidelines for new protocols. Assist principal investigator and other team members in the development of plans, time lines, and processes for clinical research studies, contribute to the ongoing analysis and modification of protocols; recommend amendments to study protocols as appropriate. Confer with site coordinators and physicians to explain protocol and elicit compliance with regulations; assure adherence to Federal Drug Administration and protocol guidelines; identify potential problems and/or inconsistencies and take action as appropriate. Coordinate and lead the work of the research team and provide feedback to staff's supervision on a routine basis.
- Participate in conjunction with the principal investigator in the search for potential funding. Involved in final negotiations of trial budgets and contracts.
- Prepare a variety of narrative and analytical reports, documents, and correspondence for contracting agencies, team members, participating departments and senior management regarding trial status; recommend corrective action as necessary. Also strong statistical design
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires one of the following:
1.Completion of a bachelor's degree plus, a minimum of eight years of research experience
2.Completion of a master's degree, plus a minimum of six years of research experience
3.Completion of a doctoral degree, plus a minimum of four years of research experience
MPh, PhD/Epidemiologist preferred
1281 RESEARCH PROGRAM LEADER, SR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, genderidentity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, orveteran status.*******************************************************Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires one of the following:1.Completion of a bachelor's degree plus, a minimum of eight years ofresearch experience2.Completion of a master's degree, plus a minimum of six years ofresearch experience3.Completion of a doctoral degree, plus a minimum of four years ofresearch experience
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.