LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
Medicine - Cardiology
A Lab Research Analyst I position is available in the lab of Dr. Dennis Abraham at Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC (https://medicine.duke.edu/faculty/dennis-m-abraham-md). The Abraham lab is focused on characterizing the molecular mechanisms underlying cardiac hypertrophy and dysfunction, with a particular emphasis on myocyte and non-myocyte cell-cell communication. Our work employs in vitro, ex-vivo and in vivo model systems to identify novel pathways that modulate cardiac function. Dr. Abraham is member of the Duke Cardiovascular Research Center and directs the Cardiovascular Physiology Core, which has provided a number of exciting ongoing collaborations to study the role cardiac metabolism (Duke Molecular Physiology Institute) and fibroblast function (Biomedical Engineering) in heart failure.
Perform a variety of complex and independent activities involved in planning, organizing and conducting research studies within the overall scope of a research project at Duke University.
- Design and perform standard basic science techniques (western blotting, cloning, genotyping), general tissue culture and in vitro techniques (transfection, stable cell creation)
- Perform histological techniques (fixation, embedding, sectioning and staining)
- Create and maintain mouse colony and animal protocols
- Maintain lab supplies and equipment budgets
- Preparation of manuscripts and grants
- Supervision of technical staff
- Perform a variety of complex and independent activities involved in the collection, analysis, documentation and interpretation of social, economic or health related information.
- Establish work procedures; select sources of information and specific data; set up interviews with appropriate authorities or subjects and prepare correspondence to locate the specific data required.
- Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare oral presentations or written reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Develop forms and questionnaires and coordinate the application of research techniques.
- Confer with principal investigator in developing plans for research projects and to discuss the interpretation of results and the preparation of manuscripts for publication.
- Supervise the work of lower level employees engaged in the collection and tabulation of data; train new personnel.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Applicants must apply to this requisition for further consideration also you should email a personal research statement, CV, and contact information for 2-3 referees to Dr. Dennis Abraham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cardio, cardiology, scientist, science, research, research tech, research technician, research technician I, research technician II, diseases, lab, laboratory, human clinical, pre-clinical, trials, trial, high priority diseases, analysis, antibody laboratory, multiplex binding assays, biolayer interferometry binding measurements, validation, experiments, biological specimens, specimen, sample extraction, GCLP, research tech II, research tech I, college graduate, college grad, bachelor's degree, biology, zoology, science related field, experiments, eukaryotic cells, transient transfection, envelope-reactive antibodies, recombinant proteins, isolation, isolate, genes, molecular techniques, virus infection, vaccination, immunoglobulin gene sequence, QC, quality control, HIV, chemicals, waste processing, glassware cleaning, lab organization, laboratory organization, solution prep, solution preparation, safety, safe, virology, immunology, serology, in vitro, ex-vivo, in vivo, cardiac, cardiac metabolism, fibroblast function, tissue culture, mouse, colony, mouse colony, mice, mice colonies, mouse genotyping, biological, laboratory tests, blood, microscopic examination, cultures, reagents, solutions, molecular biology, biochemistry, laboratory techniques, tissue culture, cardiac hypertrophy, cardiac dysfunction, myocyte, non-myocyte, cell-cell communication, cardiac function, cardiac metabolism, heart failure, cloning, western blotting, fixation, embedding, sectioning, staining, animal protocols, lab supplies
1888 LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or other directly related scientific field.
Work requires two years of research experience. A related master's degree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g., a two year master's degree in lieu of two years of experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or four years of experience in research/data analysis or related position includinghands-on experience in basic laboratory techniques, tissue culture and animal work.
A related master's degree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g. a two year master's degree in lieu two years of experience. Experience managing a laboratory is preferable.
Candidates will be expected to develop and adapt new technologies, thus open and adaptability are highly desirable.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.