ANALYST, IT, SR - APPLICATION ADMINISTRATOR
ANALYST, IT, SR - APPLICATION ADMINISTRATOR
Enterprise Systems and Support
Provide technical leadership, direction and hands-on involvement in the design/configuration, development and maintenance of SISS applications, including PeopleSoft, ImageNow, Interaction HUB, Tableau and Citrix features. This includes, but is not limited to, development of application scripts, implementation of new products and tools, troubleshooting application to resolve errors, working with vendor to ensure stability and integrity of the application. Assign and manage technical tasks and direct the work of others as necessary. Provide support to other areas of development as required.
DUTIES & WORK PERFORMED:
- Research, assess and apply new technologies as released by the product vendors.
- Set and communicate strategic goals for implementing new functions, while working with stakeholders and end users to understand business goals and directives
- Recommend technical direction for product, keeping business goals and product roadmap center to technical decisions
- Initiate, communicate and coordination with vendor and stakeholders for updates and patches to the application
- Provide analysis for new product tools and releases
- Research and advise users, management, and business analysts with respect to the application and integration to other systems/tools
- Drive continual improvement initiatives and motivate others staff members internal and external to OIT
- Second tier support for application troubleshooting
- Participation in meetings as required
- Document all work efforts in relation to customer requests, change requests, maintenance activities, and others as identified
- Participate in an on-call (off-hours) rotation with other staff
- Participate in educational and higher education initiatives
- Time management and organization
- Excellent communication: Verbal and written, technical and non-technical
- Written analysis and evaluation
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and interview skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Independent worker, yet able to take direction from management and provide regular status
Proven ability to support the large applications and/or other third-party systems and tools.
BA or BS (Computer Science, Engineering or related field) or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Equivalent work experience.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Requirements analysis, technical specification and design
- Proven problem solving
- Software and system change and release management
- Problem tracking/resolution
- Software QA methodology
- Identify and recommend system efficiencies
- Evaluate and apply product features to optimize business processes
- Organize, manage and implement project tasks with minimal oversight
- Direct the work of others as necessary
- Collaborate across OIT departments on technical direction and make recommendations as appropriate to support SISS business processes
- Participate in functional and technical requirements analysis and lead technical design in collaboration with other technical units, e.g. OIT, Professional Schools, A&S, and business units.
- PeopleSoft (Campus Solutions / Interaction HUB)
- Mobile applications
- Experience in networked, multi-platform, heterogeneous environment
- Common PC and networked applications, programming languages
Normal office environment.
CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
2426 ANALYST, IT, SR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. ******************************************************* Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.