RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Medicine - Oncology
The Duke Genitourinary oncology laboratory focuses on translational projects and correlative studies from a myriad of ongoing clinical trials in prostate cancer, bladder cancer, and kidney cancer. In particular, the Zhang/Armstrong subsets of the GU oncology laboratory seek to identify biomarkers of treatment response with novel capture methods of circulating tumor cells and circulating immune cell profiles. The laboratory technician will work primarily with patient samples and novel mechanisms of circulating tumor cell capture, as well as other translational projects in the GU oncology laboratory. The GU oncology laboratory houses a translational team which collaborates closely.
The candidate should be able to work well in a team environment and collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Works to advance scientific projects in the GU oncology translational laboratory
- Enhances laboratory and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Resolves problems by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps.
- Completes projects by assisting project team; attending and participating in group and project meetings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Maintains glassware by picking-up, cleaning, washing, sterilizing, and distributing.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Research, research tech, research technician, animal, animals, mice, mouse, lab rat, lab, laboratory, biology, chemistry, botony, zoology, science, science related, immunology, RNA, DNA, PCR, nucleic acid modification, molecular cloning, laboratory animals, laboratory mice, animal skills, animal sexing, genotype mice, bone marrow, injection of mice, animal husbandry, animal identification, culture of mouse, culture of human cells, light microscopy, flow cytometry, radioisotope
951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherscience related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.