PSYCHIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER, SENIOR
PSYCHIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER, SENIOR
Scope of Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Director of CAPS, the Associate Director: Director of Campus Community Engagement works collaboratively with CAPS Associate Directors and Administrative and Financial Coordinator to oversee all center activities. The Associate Director: Director of Campus Community Engagement will provide specific oversight for student-focused activities that prevent suicide, decrease stigma, and facilitate help seeking behaviors. The Associate Director will work collaboratively with faculty, staff, employees, parents, alumni, and students to promote the health and well-being of Duke students, placing priority on the ways marginalization, discrimination, and oppression negatively impact mental health. The Associate Director: Director of Campus Community Engagement will serve on the administrative leadership team for CAPS, chair the Campus Community Engagement steering committee, and provide administrative supervision for CAPS staff members.
The Associate Director: Director of Campus Community Engagement:
- Demonstrates a commitment to dismantling systems of marginalization, discrimination, and oppression that contribute to resultant inequities for CAPS staff and the students they serve;
- Commits to serving students, especially those impacted by systems of marginalization, discrimination, and oppression, in the places they live and learn by validating their lived experiences and engaging their resilience;
- Commits to educating the campus community on the ways privilege is perpetuated and differentially impacts student mental health;
- Ensures that campus community engagement services fit within the overall scope and mission of CAPS, Student Affairs, and Duke University;
- Provides leadership for campus community engagement services operations including: mission, vision, policies, procedures, and training;
- Establishes campus community engagement services policies and procedures consistent with ethical guidelines, best practices, and applicable state and federal statutes;
- Works within a comprehensive communication strategy to promote staff input, participation, and buy-in for CAPS campus community engagement systems and activities;
- Provides timely reports to the CAPS Director related to utilization, outcomes, and other variables relating to campus community engagement;
- Develops and implements quality improvement initiatives related to campus community engagement;
- Ensures efficient, high-quality service delivery, and evaluation of campus community engagement activities;
- Provides consultation to CAPS staff and trainees regarding campus community engagement regarding needs assessment, programming, and systemic change;
- Develops and maintains tools to facilitate the participation of CAPS staff and trainees in campus community engagement activities; and
- Provides administrative supervision, performance evaluation, and disciplinary action for assigned CAPS staff. 50%
- Provides individual, couples, and group services;
- Participates in the provision of mental health triage services;
- Administers and interprets limited assessment measures;
- Responds to clinical and campus crises;
- Provides supervision and seminars to assigned trainees, including goal setting, evaluations, and disciplinary action in accordance with training policy and procedures;
- Provides campus and community engagement services through liaison relationships with faculty, staff, parents, and students; and
- Provides campus and community level interventions that address cultural climate issues for marginalized groups. 33%
- Follows agency policies and procedures consistent with state mental health statutes, ethical guidelines, best practices, and HIPAA;
- Completes clinical documentation according to CAPS policies and procedures;
- Attends CAPS staff, clinical team, and committee meetings;
- Participates in ongoing staff conversations about the ways racism and other forms of marginalization, discrimination, and oppression impact systems;
- Participates in Student Affairs Committees;
- Attends CAPS sponsored professional development activities; and
- As budget allows, represents CAPS on the Duke campus, in the Triangle area, and nationally. 17%
- Completed a master's level social work degree from a CSWE accredited program.
- Licensed or license-eligible (post-degree hours complete) in the State of North Carolina.
- Two years of post-master's experience in a clinical setting and five years of experience in a student mental health agency or relevant healthcare or social service setting.
- Demonstrates experience and expertise in systems consultation and community engagement.
- Demonstrates experience and capability to work as part of a highly cohesive and interdisciplinary team in a university counseling center and with professionals in other campus units.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills that facilitate organizational health.
- Demonstrates a commitment to self-awareness and desire for growth related to intersectionality and the ways marginalization, discrimination, and oppression impact individuals and systems.
- Experience in the provision of crisis intervention and consultation is essential.
- Experience leveraging social media as a means to engage the campus community.
1820 PSYCHIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER, SENIOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, genderidentity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, orveteran status.*******************************************************Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Master's degree from an accredited school of social work required.Current licensure as a licensed clinical social worker by the NC SocialWork and Certification and Licensure Board.
Two years of post-master's experience in a clinical setting and fiveyears of experience in a student mental health agency or relevanthealthcare or social service setting.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.