PAS Adm - Student Loan
Plan, coordinate, and participate in the operation of Duke's Work Study and University Loan programs, planning methods and developing systems involved in maintaining accounting, financial and student records within parameters of these programs. This position oversees a payroll of nearly 1300 students with earnings of nearly $2M for the Federal work study program alone. The Duke Work Study program covers another 600 students with earnings of over $270K, and the University's loan programs have approximately $44M in outstanding receivables. This requires consistent year round communications with over 400 payroll representatives university-wide, Corporate Payroll and Financial Aid offices.
- Apply needs analysis information to make determination regarding eligibility and type of work study available to students. Interpret departmental policies and procedures, making decisions on specific operating problems and taking corrective action in accordance with University, and federal aid policies. Monitor database to ensure the information is representative of the work study programs and correct entries that lead to misrepresentation of how much work study has been earned by students 5%
- Coordinate activities involved in maintaining and processing various accounting and financial records associated with work study and the Office of Student Loans. Activities to include iForms, file extracts, accounts payable requests, deposits, bad debt write-offs, draw down funds from G5, and loan purchases. 10%
- Complete set up of work study portion of PS database every year. Request and disseminate new work study fund codes annually. 20%
- Monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of work study program accounts, and all loan funds. Reconcile PeopleSoft, ECSI, and R/3 to ensure that all systems agree. 30%
- Close out all federal work study codes every year according to University guidelines. 5 %
- Reconcile and close G5 Direct Lending program funding each year. 5%
- Assist with preparation of FISAP and annual A133 audit as well. Compile financial reports and statements for utilization by higher management. Maintain interface with departmental personnel to provide information to verify or support records and ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; prepare correspondence and answer inquiries regarding work study information. 10%
- Serve as liaison with appropriate personnel, University Departments and outside sources to obtain and provide pertinent information to answer inquiries concerning program activities. Attend training sessions offered by Payroll and Financial Services to serve as a resource. 5%
- Plan and schedule work priorities in accordance with program goals and deadlines. Advise or direct designated personnel in the department or division; make work assignments and review work for accuracy and completeness. 5%
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. 5%
2089 STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work generally requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business ora directly related field.
Work requires one year of experience in an accounting setting tobecome familiar with the accepted accounting practices involved inmonitoring financial systems and resolving complex accounts.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OREXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.