Product Support Specialist (Tier 1)
Title: Product Support Specialist (Tier 1)
Technician is responsible for providing diagnostic and troubleshooting support to end users with technical issues of varying complexity (simple to moderate) involving computer hardware and software, network connectivity, related peripheral equipment, and proprietary hardware. Technician escalates support requests as necessary. Monitor and maintain ticket management system, CRM data, SLA agreements and inventory records.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Initial point of contact for all technical inquiries and requests for service.
- Resolves basic to moderately complex technical issues involving hardware (i.e. servers, networking equipment, serial communications equipment, proprietary hardware) and software (i.e. Microsoft Windows, Microsoft IIS, web browsers, proprietary software).
- Monitor the IT ticket incident management system to ensure timely acknowledgement of technology support requests. Prioritizes ticket requests, distributes/escalates requests to appropriate IT team member.
- Document, track, and monitor escalated issues to ensure a timely resolution and effective communication to all parties involved.
- Work closely with members of the IT team to ensure successful completion of technology requests.
- Maintains and administers licenses and support contracts for the software.
- Maintains and updates hardware and software inventory records.
- Maintains documentation for problem resolutions and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience / Skills
- Broad base, high level knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support.
- Broad base, high level knowledge of computers, operating systems, software (inc. common Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), computer hardware, and hardware peripherals.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Networking technologies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; handle multiple priorities; and provide results in a timely manner in fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize own work and manage time effectively.
- Quickly understand & learn new technologies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of support desk experience or equivalent relevant work experience and education.
Punctuality is a company motto, so a reasonable commute to our office in Addison, Illinois (20 miles west of Chicago) is a must. (We will not pay moving expenses.) Technicians are typically required to travel (nationally) approximately 20% of the time. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must as customer interaction is the key to this position.
Please do not waste either of our resources if:
- You're working on mastering English.
- Your work status is not complete now to travel.
- You're looking for contract work.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and room for growth for employees who excel
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Medical insurance
The ideal candidate is adaptable, has the grit to solve complicated problems and the amiable nature required to work closely with our end users, Tier 1, and Tier 2 support staff to overcome issues. The people who thrive here love and take pride in their work and enjoy finding efficient ways to solve problems.
Subtle Qualities of our Company
This is a small, privately-held firm that has been in business for over 17 years , a long time relative to our industry. We're here because we're excellent. We develop longstanding partnerships with major customers and client satisfaction is everything to us. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide solutions to fit our customer's needs, and to provide the best customer support in the industry, and that's what makes us a leader in our market. We will be here in another 20 years, and we hope that you will too. Also, because we're a small company, there are no office politics here; we hire people who are bright, strictly professional, and easy to work with. As a company that focuses on customer service, we need to provide quick, efficient solutions for our customers and to do so with a smile.
Additional consideration given to candidates possessing the following:
- Technical certifications (A+, CCNA, etc.)
- Bilingual mastery of both English and Spanish
- A record of excellent customer service
Card Concepts Inc. is a leading manufacturer of electronic payment systems for the vended laundry industry, distributing its products across North America. With a strong reputation for technical support we are always looking for talented people to join our diverse workforce. Our staff enjoys a challenging, comfortable working environment with opportunities for growth and promotion.
Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:46:06 PDT