Direct, plan, and develop information technology systems and procedures for the department. Serve as a liaison for services provided by TrinityTechnology Services (TTS),Office of Information Technology (OIT), the Center for Instructional Technology (CIT) and other areas of the University. Implement and maintain new technologies.
DUTIES: Information Technology Services (IT)
- Creates and manages IT budget and provides long range planning to meet departmental technology needs.
- Oversee the use of departmental computing funds to provide for departmental technology needs and the development of departmental technology infrastructure.
- Directs the provision of information systems support to assure smooth, professional and cost effective operations of the department.
- Develops and recommends information systems policies and procedures.
- Coordinates beta testing, upgrades, and system enhancement projects with TTS.
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of technology trends relevant to department.
- Maintains liaison with TTS teams and other University technology groups (OIT, CIT,etc.) to keep department on track with ongoing and new technology services.
- Provides Windows Active Directory administration for department.
- Installs, configures, and maintains hardware, software, and network connectivity for faculty, staff and department lab computers.
- Installs and maintains printers, scanners, and other peripherals for departmental use.
- Provides troubleshooting of hardware, software, and network issues.
- Creates technical training documentation to provide users with self-help instructions.
- Works with other support teams to provide comprehensive services to faculty,students,and staff.
- Work in collaboration with Communications Specialist on special projects when needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
2423 ANALYST, IT
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.