ADMISSIONS OFFICER II
ADMISSIONS OFFICER II
DKU - Duke
DUKE KUNSHAN UNIVERSITY - STUDENT RECRUITMENT OFFICER
Position Based at Duke University US Student Recruitment Officer for Duke Kunshan University
Duke Kunshan University (DKU) seeks to appoint a Student Recruitment Officer based at Duke University for its undergraduate program to drive recruiting efforts throughout the US and Canada. DKU is looking for qualified candidates who are willing and able to plan and take part in a wide variety of recruitment activities that will promote DKU's undergraduate degree program offered in Kunshan, China. Reports to: Director of Global Student Recruitment for Duke Kunshan University based at Duke University.
1. 40% In conjunction with the Director, develop and implement a comprehensive annual recruiting strategy for the US and Canada markets; this includes developing appropriate faculty/staff/student contacts at targeted institutions throughout the USA, and Canada conducting campus visits/fairs annually, identifying and participating in national and international conferences representing DKU, and other actions as directed.
2. 20% In conjunction with the Director, assist with the development of marketing efforts for North America-focused promotional materials including the communication of the program#s web page updates and producing regular news and information that can be published on the Duke University's website, as well the management and execution of outreach events.
3. 20% Manage US and Canada student inquiries and applications, including all necessary forms required by DKU. Communicate directly with students from their initial inquiry to participation in the DKU undergraduate program. Use Six Points of Contact strategy with every prospective student. Communicate student information to appropriate staff.
4. 10% Maintain detailed and accurate budget for allUS/Canada-based marketing and recruitment efforts. Manage all business expenses according to Duke University and DKU policies and procedures as applicable.
5. 5% Actively participate in all relevant staff training and development events, including those in China and other locations.
6. 5% Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
Master's degree preferred and at least 2 years of experience in higher education and recruiting.
Knowledge of the undergraduate recruitment market in the US and Canada.
Demonstrated project management and planning skills for complex projects with tight deadlines.
Demonstrated experience with managing budget and expenses.
Experience with domestic and international travel.
Ability to work a flexible schedule and to travel extensively during major recruiting seasons (September 1 - November 15, January 15 - May 15).
Ability to be an effective team member and to work independently with a positive attitude.
Demonstrated ability to grasp and use new technologies.
Must be very comfortable in a highly computerized environment, including web development, database management, and forms of popular social media.
Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English. Chinese would be a plus.
Highly organized with ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Results-oriented individual with strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
1722 ADMISSIONS OFFICER II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires two years experience as an Admissions Officer I at DukeUniversity sustaining a designated level of performanceORTwo years experience as an Admissions Officer or the equivalent at acomparable college or university. Offsetting experience that is notdirectly related may not be used to meet the minimum hiringspecifications for Admissions Officer II, but will be considered inestablishing the salary for Admissions Officer I.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.