ASSIST DIR, ALUMNI PROGRAMS
ASSIST DIR, ALUMNI PROGRAMS
This position reports to the Director or Senior Director to help develop and implement strategies, manage day-to-day decisions for alumni programs, and develop the overall program.
Coordinates the activity of program's alumni volunteers. This position will be based in the DC-metro area and have primary responsibility for the Duke DC and Duke Baltimore regions.
- Lead communication and interaction between the university community, alumni, parents and friends of Duke through organizational assistance, supervision, and coordination with alumni in planning and conducting a variety of social, educational, and community service activities and events.
- Plan and coordinate activities of the Duke Alumni Association, that may include events both on-campus and off-campus.
- Facilitate and lead the recruiting, training, motivation and supervision of alumni volunteers who are necessary and vital participants in the implementation of the goals and activities of the alumni programs.
- Participate in developing and expanding alumni program goals, objectives and strategies.
- Assume the responsibility for assisting the Director inthe implementation of stated goals, objectives and strategies.
- Supervise program budgets and fund-raising activities.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring sound fiscal management in assigned areas.
- Represent the University and/or Duke alumni programs at required or appropriate functions and events around the world.
- May serve as the University representative at appropriate University functions, events, and committee meetings.
- As required, direct the coordination of alumni activities in conjunction with major national sports events; serve on the University Planning Committees; manage ticket sales and disbursement of funds for such events.
- Lend organizational assistance to Duke Alumni Association officers in planning programs, arranging for speakers and coordinating the preparation, publication and advance publicity mailings for these events.
- Recommend areas for the establishment of new communities and/or programs and assist in the recruitment of members for both new and established communities.
- Follow-up on all Duke Alumni Association activities and prepare and edit summary articles for publication.
- Recommends various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
- Job duties may require travel up to 100 days per calendar year.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
1105 ASSIST DIR, ALUMNI PROGRAMS
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires five years of experience in alumni affairs, publicrelations, program administration, marketing or related field to acquirethe advanced skills necessary to direct the planning and coordination ofsocial, educational, and community service activities and events.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.