Cloud Software Engineer
Are you motivated to work on the leading-edge - including big data, Scala, Java 8, highly-distributed microservices and a 100% cloud-based platform? Do you want to work for a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly-growing startup? Find out why TraceLink was chosen as the 2012 Grand Prize Winner in the Amazon Global Startup Challenge for business applications.
TraceLink is building a cloud-based platform that scales to secure the pharmaceutical supply chain. Already 3 of the 10 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world have chosen to run their business using TraceLink's Life Sciences Cloud.
TraceLink is seeking a full-time, experienced Cloud Software Engineer to join our team and focus on our backend infrastructure. If you're self-motivated, intellectually curious and motivated by designing and developing innovative products for global organizations, you could be a good fit for our team.
The Cloud Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of application code for back-end, server-centric components, as well as all related activities within the application development process with a focus on architecting solutions on how best to persist data.
• Focus on the next generation platform within the TraceLink product, including choosing the appropriate technologies for persisting different types of data, architecting how those technologies are integrated into the TraceLink product, and designing, implementing, and deploying them in a cloud;
• Actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle;
• Review and analyze current systems and processes, matched against user needs and business requirements to determine technical requirements;
• Provide high-level analysis and design reviews to apply appropriate technologies and architecture to solve conceptual problems; ensure design, structure, and content meet performance guidelines;
• Develop software that takes best advantage of our cloud-based fully-distributed architecture
• Accurately estimate tasks, and hit those estimates and provide regular status updates as part of our scrum-based Agile development process
• Work closely with our QA team; assist with test planning as appropriate
• Integrate 3rd party components as appropriate
• Research and remain informed of new technology and tools, and how such technologies could be applied at TraceLink; recommend extension, expansion, and update of technology standards, practices, and methodologies
Skills and Requirements:
Candidates must possess the following skills and traits:
• 3+ years software development experience.
• Experience in software development in Java (Java 8 a big plus!).
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, and collaborate with other disciplines.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and clearly, and collaborate with other disciplines.
• Bachelor's degree or greater in computer science or related area.
• Experience and interest in working in fast-paced environments.
Helpful skills and experience:
• Experience developing a product in an Agile development environment.
• Experience with cloud platforms.
• Experience in developing web-services and Web-based APIs (microservices a big plus!).
• Experience with distributed computing architectures and large-scale, distributed systems.
• Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL architectures and/or Big Data.
• Experience in software development in Scala, Python, or Ruby.
• Experience with Web Services and/or RESTful API.
• Experience in building cloud-based applications on platforms such as Amazon Web Services.
• Experience with Hadoop infrastructure.
• Experience in developing Enterprise Software (e.g. Supply Chain, ERP, Manufacturing).
• Worked with message-based integration technologies, middleware for EDI and XML-based B2B, and/or web services.
• Experience with the pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience with asynchronous and distributing processing and Amazon SWF services.
TraceLink has built the world's largest cloud-based network dedicated to protecting patients, ensuring compliance and growing profits across global life sciences. The TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud is our network, platform and community that links people, processes and information everywhere from ingredient to patient.
Businesses across the globe, including 16 of the top-20 pharmaceutical companies, trust us to help them manufacture and deliver safe, secure medicines to the patients who need them anywhere in the world. We need game changers ready to break down business barriers, master new technologies and enable the TraceLink sales team to become trusted advisors for some of the largest and fasting growing companies on the planet. How will you challenge yourself? Learn more about TraceLink
North Reading, MA
Thu, 30 Mar 2017 13:18:13 PDT