DEVELOPMENT OFFICER II
DEVELOPMENT OFFICER II
Campaign - Trinity College
Assistant Director Development - Duke Graduate School Level 14 - Development Officer II
The Assistant Development Director for The Graduate School will serve as a fundraiser for The Graduate School (TGS), including frontline fundraising at the major gift level, pipeline development, and coordinating Annual Fund efforts. This position willreport to the Development Director for The Graduate School and collaborates on overall strategy, initiatives, and events.
Develop and execute strategies to raise funds to The Graduate School through the following activities:
- Build and manage a portfolio of active prospects from which to cultivate, solicit, close and Steward new and established annual fund donors.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of TGS funding priorities.
- Develop internal prospects lists by collaborating with colleagues in PRMA and using individual research to identify and prioritize outreach to donors.
- Collaborate with Development Director to continually match fundraising priorities with prospects.
- Travel within NC and travel to other key regions approximately 5-10 times a year to meet graduate alumni in order to qualify, cultivate, solicit and close gifts with donors.
- Utilize telephone, video conference, e-mail, and new media to cultivate, solicit, close, and steward new and established annual fund donors.
- Collaborate with the Communications Director to craft communications for the Graduate School Annual Fund in order to acquire new donors, to better steward donors, and to personalize the solicitation of leadership donors.
- Collaborate with colleagues on the University Development Individual Giving teams to coordinate prospect activity for joint prospects and referrals.
- Assist and collaborate with Annual Fund staff in development of strategy for Annual Fund mail and phone campaigns.
Assist the Director in managing Board of Visitor activities, including recruitment, programming, and development of board members. Collaborate with development, communications, and alumni affairs colleagues on efforts to engage Graduate School alumni.
Education and Training: Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program. Master's degree preferred.
Experience Work requires five years fundraising experience. Ability to travel frequently is required.
- Collaborating with others: Ability to work collaboratively, formally and informally within one's team and across the organization.
- Goal & Task Management: Prioritize and coordinate tasks with attention to deadlines, concurrent management of projects and ability to create and follow a set strategy for short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Curiosity & Information Seeking: Expresses an underlying curiosity in people and an ability to go beyond questions that are routine to gain an understanding of the prospects capacity, affinity and inclination.
- Decisiveness & Judgment: Uses sound judgment to make appropriate, timely decisions in complex situations for which there are no set procedures.
- Ability to influence: Ability to move or persuade others to act in a desired way. Uses indirect influence.
- Flexibility: The ability to adapt to and work effectively with a variety of situations, and with various individuals. Adapts tactics appropriately.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Makes decisions and takes action with limited information. Anticipates impact of change and directs self and others in smoothly shifting gears.
- Expressing ideas orally and in writing: Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate ideas, thoughts, and facts orally and in writing.
- Listening: Is an 'active listener'. Establishes rapport with and is receptive to speaker. Picks up on underlying messages; 'hears between the lines'.
- Organizational Awareness: Ability to learn and understand organizational relationships and dynamics. Uses networks, alliances and individuals to achieve objectives.
- Leadership: Ability to effectively manage and guide groupefforts. Takes an active role in developing motivational strategies.
Interested Applicants Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please put "Assistant Director, Graduate School" in the subject line.
CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
1889 DEVELOPMENT OFFICER II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires five years experience in alumni affairs, publicrelations, fund raising, sales and promotions, marketing, studentactivities or a related field in order to acquire skills necessary toadminister, coordinate and/or participate in general fund raisingactivities and proposal development.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.