Staff Accountant Job Code: 2089, Level 10
This position is fully engaged in the day-to-day operations that support the financial operations of the Office of University Development. This position reports to Business Manager for Finance.
- Assist in the preparation of fiscal year budget requests, projection reports, monthly reporting, uploads to secured folders, and ad-hoc reporting for operating and campaign budget.
- Assist with monthly financial reports by extracting data from BW Warehouse to analyze progress, and trend analysis. Make recommendations to Business Manager for Finance.
- Generate and prepare monthly reports from SAP/R3 to analyze spending activity and trends for operating and campaign codes.
- Assist with reporting for new initiatives
Financial Management (40%)
- Assist Business Manager with financial reporting by partnering with Office of University Development department team members to identify, monitor, interpret and analyze data for all of the Operating and Campaign codes to ensure that each transaction is categorized to a specific project and or event. Output should show all costs associated to a project and or event.
- Serve as the gatekeeper to control, monitor and maintain the integrity of the data.
- Interact with A/P and Procurement to determine the correct data field that needs to populate in SAP R/3 to ensure successful output.
- Assist Business Manager with Finance standard operating procedures (SOP) by consolidating PowerPoint presentation in a more easy friendly review format.
- Attend monthly finance team meeting
- Control, monitor and maintain monthly reconciliation for Office of University campaign and operating codes (16 operating and 16 campaign cost centers). Prepare journal entries as needed.
- Serve as the point person for monthly reconciliation reports for all operating fund codes (a total of 16) to provide guidance to finance team members and to ensure that reconciliation reports are in compliance with Duke Guidelines and policy.
- Responsible for all operating and campaign completed reconciliation uploads to the secure folders.
- Monitor and review monthly financial reports for all operating and campaign codes to ensure the appropriate GL codes are used and are in compliance with University procedures and policies.
- Prepare journal entries as needed.
Other Duties (10%)
- Serves as finance liaison and interprets departmental policies and procedures, making recommendations on problems and issues as it relates to Online Check Requests, and Buy@Duke.
- Generate purchase orders for cost centers 1574100, 1574110, and 4570310 and other departments as needed - Generate online check requests for cost centers 1574100, 1574110, and 4570310 and other departments as needed
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work generally requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar business related field.
Work requires the ability to analyze data of a complex and varied nature, generally acquired through 3- 5 years of experiences in accounting or similar business related field.
- Highly self-motivated and team-oriented;
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze financial data
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with a broad range of Office of University Development departments.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in SAP/R3, Excel (Pivot tables), MS Access, Word, and PowerPoint experience desired.
CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
2089 STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work generally requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business ora directly related field.
Work requires one year of experience in an accounting setting tobecome familiar with the accepted accounting practices involved inmonitoring financial systems and resolving complex accounts.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OREXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.