PROGRAM COORD, SENIOR
PROGRAM COORD, SENIOR
Duke Translational Medicine Institute
- Provide education, community engagement and research program coordination for the Center for Community and Population Health Improvement.
- Play a key role in planning, coordinating, and administering activities for the Center. Represent the Center internally and externally, and ensuring Center community engagement, education, and research strengths are positively reflected. Key activities include the development and implementation of coordinated education, engagement, and academic programs in the Center and contributing to research and academic financial and grants management activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in program development to advance objectives of the various academic, community engagement, and research initiatives and programs. Identify internal and external resources available to meet those objectives. Independently formulate action plans emanating from meetings, consult with Center leadership on plans, but independently carry out plans, including supervision of any part-time or full-time employees necessary to engage for the successful completion of plans.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness using qualitative and quantitative research techniques; investigate trends, and recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness.
- Plan, coordinate and administer activities of assigned programs to include developing and implementing procedures, processes, services and systems; train employees in proper methods and procedures and ensure correctness of work.
- Correspond with potential partners (educators, community members, trainees, researchers, physicians and hospital representatives), and other interested parties to provide information concerning activities, policies and procedures of the program.
- Coordinate program development and implementation with stakeholders to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized. Independently plan, coordinate, and conduct arrangements for special academic, community engagement, and research programs for Center. Develop budget relative to programs and implement activities within established budget.
- Supervise any part time or full-time staff engaged in these activities to ensure programs are delivered successfully.
- Provide staff leadership. Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisal, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Required Qualifications at this Level Education/Training: Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires three years of experience in program administration or involving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquire skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities and events. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Ability to provide guidance and direction to staff,including setting standards and monitoring performance.
- Skills using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders within and outside of the University.
- Skills evaluating program performance, summarizing findings, communicating results, and forming an action plan.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
2901 PROGRAM COORD, SENIOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, genderidentity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, orveteran status.*******************************************************Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires three years of experience in program administration orinvolving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquireskills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of programactivities and events.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.