PROGRAM DIR (FMD)
PROGRAM DIR (FMD)
HK - Operations
Reporting to the Director of University Environmental Services, the Logistics Program Manager is responsible for managing the integrity of the work loading & Quality Assurance software program, contract management, university floor care, floor care training program , department emergency management plan and special projects as assigned by the Director. The Logistics Program Manager will work closely with the Director on short and long range planning in the areas of staffing levels for new and existing facilities, equipment, supplies, materials and tools needs to support the housekeeping program. The Logistics Program Manager will assist the director with identifying and the implementation of systems and methods of maintaining a department focused on the importance of performance excellence.
- Administer the department Work loading program.
- Establish schedules for department model for all work assignments.
- Coordinate the efforts to maintain the integrity of an effective, integrated space data management system. Integrate housekeeping work procedures and operational standards with current university's as-built drawings and space inventory.
- Manage the integrity of building drawings and related space information. Perform space data validations for drawings updates by conducting space audits or by coordinating with building's operational manager and supervisors on reporting space changes within their assigned areas.
- Monitor space changes due to building maintenance, new buildings and renovation projects; update and implement changes as projects are completed; utilize software system module to set up and import space updates as well as new buildings project files.
- Prepare graphical layouts and supporting reports associated with space-related work; generate time and staff calculations reports for work assignments and weekday work distribution; share comprehensive space data analyses with the Operations Management team for development of efficient work schedules for their staff.
- Support the departmental Inservice program (onboarding and reorientation annually for all housekeepers and supervisors)
- Establish goals and process improvement to provide a safe working environment and to create a culture of safety for all housekeeping and custodial services and programs.
- Ensure that employees have been appropriately trained in safe work practices and provided with necessary personal protective equipment as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Duke and FMD safety programs
- Manage the floor care program and establish a master floor care schedule for all university floor care utilizing the work loading software, standards and specifications.
- Manage with Floor Supervisor to develop daily work schedules and standards. Work closely with Floor Crew supervisor for implementation and supervision of floor care work.
- Schedule, supervise, and evaluate projects; monitor special event preparations; review maintenance requirements and project proposals; monitor outcomes of projects and programs; perform quality control inspections and follow-up; triage customer concerns verbal and written communications, meet established timelines.
- Manage the department Quality Assurance program.
- Coordinate and conduct planned and scheduled building audits of all existing and new university spaces to ensure consistency of cleaning standards, service levels throughout environmental services.
- Provide ongoing training for supervisors and managers to conduct onsite quality audits, reviews employee work schedules /assignments of task and performance of work areas to ensure that quality services are being provided for our customers.
- Will work with supervisors/managers to develop corrective action plans for housekeepers
- Will analyze and synthesis data generated from QA initiatives and provide detail reports generated from the work management system to provide the outcome of the housekeeping model.
- Special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years of professional progressive experience in facilities management housekeeping, custodial operations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated experience in supervising supervisors, contract management, reading building plans.
- Ability to manage, lead, supervise and motivate supervisors, housekeepers, floor technicians and administrative support staff, including selection, training, delegation, development performance review and evaluation. Ability to work with various customer bases.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of management principles, trends and practices for housekeeping and custodial operations, and fire/life safety systems.
- Demonstrated technical skill and knowledge of housekeeping equipment, cleaning/floor techniques, preventative maintenance, staffing workloads and quality assurance programs.
- Knowledge of safety and technical training programs, best practices and industry standards for housekeeping and custodial services within a university or institutional environment.
- Understanding of change management, working in a team environment and startup systems preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of space management and building plans, proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software and Windows Explorer, exceptional communication skills, work based software programs-database management, work loading and quality assurance software programs. Demonstrated experience in supporting a comprehensive training program and floor care.
CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
1435 PROGRAM DIR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, genderidentity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, orveteran status.*******************************************************Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skillsgenerally acquired through completion of a bachelor'sdegree program.
Work requires the ability to plan and administer programs and directprogram activities within a specific functional area, generallyacquired through four years of related experience.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OREXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.