Finance & Admininstration Manager
We are looking for a full-time Finance & Administration Manager.
In this role you will be reporting to the company owners and be responsible for handling the company's day-to-day business affairs and financial reporting requirements.
You need to be based in/around Vancouver and have at least 2 year's experience within a Film/Television or Video Production firm in order to qualify for this position.
Day-to-day duties will include (but are not limited to):
Business Planning and Budgeting
- Work with departments to administer budgets
- Maintain weekly cash-flow reporting
- Create quarterly financial statements:
o Blink divisional B/S, I/S, CF.
- Create year-end financial statements:
o Same as quarter close plus year-end adjusting entries.
- Assist external accountants in year-end preparation:
o Year-end adjusting entries, payroll entries, final year close.
- Liaison with financial institution:
o Handle daily cash transfers, banking, etc...
Handle day to day financial operations:
- Accounts Payable:
o Run AP reports in Quickbooks and propose weekly AP runs.
- Accounts receivable and invoicing:
o Invoicing & following up on overdue accounts.
- Payroll processing:
o Bi-weekly through ADP online.
- Submission of GST and PST returns:
o GST quarterly
- Daily mail runs and cheque deposits:
o Send mail to appropriate places.
o Process vendor invoices into Quickbooks.
o Do daily cheque deposits to RBC on deposit slips.
- Monthly bank reconciliations:
o Through Quickbooks - Print Summary page and attach to bank statement for filing.
- Recruiting and onboarding new employees.
- Managing employee grievances, performance reviews, benefits, off boarding procedures, etc...
- Managing office health & safety.
- Establishing standards and new HR procedures as needed.
- Updating HR documents & templates as required.
- Ensuring Personnel files are up-to-date and secure.
- Setting up employee training workshops
- Setting up social events and company parties.
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Business and Accounting would be preferred.
- The ability to create new processes and achieve team acceptance.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Self-starter with a proactive attitude and good problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills..
- At least 2-3 years of Bookkeeping and HR Management experience in an office environment.
- Experience with basic accounting and daily bookkeeping.
- Experience using accounting programs Quicbooks and Simply Accounting.
- Experience with the preparation of GST returns online.
- Experience with Human Resource Management.
- Advanced PC and Mac computer skills including cloud CRM's, web tools, scheduling software, and MS Office.
- The ability to thrive under pressure.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
We are a Vancouver based digital creative agency who create impactful videos, engaging social campaigns and compelling digital content.
We build exciting content-focused campaigns for product launches, brand communications, training activities, and customer engagement. Blink's facilities include a large studio that is home to a national TV show and numerous other high-profile projects. Our team has extensive experience in content creation for the technology, consumer, financial, government and tourism industries.
Check out our website for more information: http://goblink.com
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 16:01:11 PDT