Admissions Administrative Assistant
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• This position requires a person that can work in a fast paced environment that requires multi-tasking skills.
• Answer the phone and be knowledgeable about our majors and answers to the myriad of questions we receive and knowing where to direct calls if they need to be transferred.
• Sort and process the mail on a daily basis.
• Input application information and process tuition deposits on accounts. Great attention to detail and accuracy required amidst a high level of disruption.
• Assist customers that come to the office.
• Keeping track of office inventory/and supply closet materials and ordering in a timely manner.
• Assisting with scholarship mailings.
• Responding to the office e-mail account when directed to do so.
• Assist in the organization, follow-up and statistics for Admissions events as needed.
• Serve as backup coordinator for prospective student/group visits as needed.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Office Manager or Director of Admissions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: A.S. degree preferred
Experience: 2+ years in related field preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.