Staff Geologist - Environmental
Performs assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced geologist
- Field geologic mapping during grading operations, field geologic methods, ability to read grading plans, works with equipment operators and grading contractors, ability to recognize unexpected conditions
- Field investigation techniques: logging and sample collection during boring and test pit excavation, data collection from report review and aerial photograph review. Prepares geologic logs or borings, test pits and fault trenches
- Analysis: Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, interprets and correlates geologic data, prepares cross-sections and maps, recognizes discrepancies in results and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes
- Assists in coordinating and interaction with drilling or excavation subcontractor
- Attends all required meetings
- Follows company policies and procedures and all safety procedures
Bachelor's degree in Geology or equivalent, plus appropriate continuing education
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other technical software.
We are a growing company. We have a great team and work environment - be a part of our success!
To apply for the position please visit our website at www.leightongroup.com/open-positions.cfm
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wed, 12 Apr 2017 15:39:33 PDT