Vice President, Finance
Vice President, Finance reports to the Chief Accounting Officer, j2 Global® and works closely with the Presidents of the Divisions as an integral member of the division's senior management team. The Vice President of Finance, will provide leadership and coordination of the division's financial planning, budget management and accounting policies. In addition, the VP will be charged with developing and implementing sophisticated policies and procedures both in the finance and accounting realms. The VP will direct all aspects of the division's accounting, fraud, billing and collections and risk management functions. Furthermore, the VP actively leads in the division's M&A process. This role will manage 7 direct reports and 70+ employees around the world.
- Directs and manages the Divisions Financial Planning and Analysis function. In addition, directs and manages the Divisions Financial Accounting function.
- Leads the finance and accounting due diligence, financial modeling and post close integration of acquired companies.
- Directs the operation of the Corporate Billing function, and provides financial audit oversight of all billing systems, including credit card clearing.
- Assists the Chief Account Officer (CAO) in the preparation of forecasts of reimbursements and expenditures, developing financial plans and budgets for the organization based upon these forecasts resulting in the achievement of net revenue targets; monitors variances to budgets.
- Manages the quarterly and annual financial statement audit process as well as establishing, and enforcing internal controls; and directing external audits (including SOX).
- Ensures compliance with all international, federal, state and local financial and tax requirements by approving the timely filing of statements and reports; accurately completing tax returns; paying taxes on a timely basis.
- Provides executive-level counsel to senior management and the Board, through the CAO and CFO, on the financial implications of any acquisition, consolidation, merger, or divestiture, as well as the financial impact of implementing any proposed programs.
- Jointly responsible, with the CAO, for ensuring compliance with public corporation regulatory filings, and oversees and directs the preparation and issuance of the organization's annual report. Develops and presents all operational metrics to executive management team.
- Jointly responsible, with the CAO, for all budgeting and forecasting, as well as developing guidance (in cooperation with the CFO and President) for quarterly and annual earnings calls.
- Through the FP&A organization, responsible for providing all marketing and sales analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining the company's domestic and international tax structure.
- Assists in the planning and execution of short-term and long-term financial goals.
- In cooperation with the CAO, acts as a liaison between the business operations, engineering, marketing, sales and financial teams, to understand the financial effect of changes within the Company and is responsible for alerting management of any significant changes to current operations
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, CPA preferred (inactive okay) . In addition, an MBA or MA in Accounting is highly desirable
- Previous experience as the VP of Finance of a public company and sufficient experience and skills necessary to become the CFO of a public company.
- Fifteen (15) years' experience in an accounting/finance role within an e-commerce business with a recurring revenue model.
- Integrity/Ethics/Business Conduct.
- Good knowledge of ERP systems, Oracle, Salesforce
- Strong analytical Skills/ Strategic Thinking
- Fiscal Responsibility/ FASB Knowledge
- Industry/Functional Knowledge
- Responsibility/SOX Controls
j2 Cloud Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are located in Hollywood and offer:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and 401k
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parking or Transit Reimbursement
LiveVault,® a brand of j2 Cloud Services Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:JCOM), is a powerhouse in online data backup and Disaster Recovery. One of the few online backup and DR companies in the world with ISO 27001 certification; LiveVault,® has worked with customers since 2003 to ensure that their scheduled or continuous data backups are executed flawlessly and that data can be restored from any location at any time.
LiveVault,® is committed to providing fully managed and monitored online backup service, while continuing to expand the possibilities of online backup, and educate business owners on the risks of data loss.
About j2 Cloud Services:
Founded in 1995, j2 Cloud Services (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax,®, eVoice, FuseMail,®, Campaigner,®, KeepItSafe,® and Onebox,® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services. November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2015, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 20 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com.
At j2 Global,®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
j2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401K, and company-sponsored events. If you're seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
Wed, 12 Apr 2017 13:15:25 PDT