Senior Accounting Manager, International Accounting
This highly-visible role offers a great opportunity to grow your career and make an immediate impact in this fast-growing accounting team. As a key member of the finance team, the Accounting Manager is responsible for the Procure-to-Pay and Close-to-Report processes.
The Senior Accounting Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations in the US, corporate consolidation, monthly reporting, technical accounting research, contract review, policy documentation, and all relevant support for audits and tax compliance. This role will allow you to work within a truly global team by interacting with multi-functional professionals in Asia, Europe, and the United States.
This position will report to the VP, Controller based in Pleasanton, CA
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Establish yourself as a key advisor to business partners on financial matters. Become a sought out, value added resource
- Lead the month end close process, including the consolidation
- Ensure all activities have been recorded, accounts reconciled and reporting completed on a timely basis
- Provide assessment and recommendations on accounting and financial transactions
- Direct responsibility for the general ledger, procurement and accounts payable, sales commission liabilities, fixed assets, intercompany transactions, transfer pricing, and consolidation
- Review payment requests and authorize bank payment transactions
- Establish and track key metrics related to the close in order to increase efficiency and drive the evolution of the accounting process
- Implement best practices and ensure compliance with US GAAP, policies and procedures
- Monitor and ensure compliance that all statutory returns and filings are completed and filed on a timely basis in the US
- Manage the external audit
- Provide frontline contract review and documentation
- Manage responsibilities, train and develop staff or teams
- Work with the VP, Controller and CFO to determine appropriate accounting staff, tools and processes to support company's growth
- Participate and/or lead projects as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
Required Technical Skills/Requirements:
- Qualified accountant with 7+ years of experience. Big 4 Public Accounting and active CPA highly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and operations of a multi-national company required.
- Highly technical candidates have an advantage with SAAS revenue accounting, business combinations, SEC reporting and IFRS providing an advantage
- ERP experience including the underlying process - NetSuite preferred
- Experience with consolidations required
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Experience with hyper-growth environments preferred
- A team player, able to work collaboratively within the group and cross functionally with different departments
- Strong business acumen with understanding of functional linkages
- Ability to build strong professional relationships with business partners
- Ability to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities; comfortable with multiple daily responsibilities; and managing change where required - all with a positive attitude
- Proactive and confident in identifying problems and solutions; tenacity and attention to detail and process are considered valuable attributes
- Highly motivated, passionate, self-starter; comfortable interacting with Sr. Management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Netsuite and other ERP system is preferred.
Executive search firm specialized in Accounting and Finance, working with hot start-up/pre-IPO, and fortune 500 high-tech companies to help them with all accounting and finance staffing needs offering consultative services. Providing world class service for direct-hire placement from staff level to executive C-level.
Wed, 12 Apr 2017 13:57:45 PDT