Working under the direction of the Deputy Chief Enrollment Officer, the Admissions Counselor is responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of students for the One Day A Week Longmeadow campus as well as The American Women’s College.
This position reports to the Deputy Chief Enrollment Office and will work with her to ensure that enrollment goals are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Executes proven strategies to enroll adult students in all majors for the One Day A Week College and The American Women’s College.
- Educates prospective students on Bay Path University’s academic programs and admissions requirements.
- Optimizes call strategies to make best use of time on the phone and overall recruitment efficiency.
- Utilizes technology such as a JRM, Live Chat, and Voice Over Internet Phones to effectively and efficiently meet goals.
- Recommends changes or process improvements when appropriate.
- Participates in information sessions, new student orientations and other events as required.
- Attends training and meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, candidates currently working towards completion of a bachelor’s degree will be considered.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of experience in sales / marketing or in enrollment management / admissions. Experience in counseling, advising, and program development and implementation is helpful.
- Excellent management, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Detail orientated with good planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Word and Excel. Familiarity with PowerPoint, Jenzabar and Salesforce helpful but not required.
- Direct sales or college admissions background desirable.
- Able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have a sense of professional humor, a positive attitude and thrive in a fast-paced, ego-less interactive sales environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for performance is set high.
- Possess a high energy level, passion for our mission and commitment to student success.
- Ability to travel regionally and split time between the Burlington and CM
campuses is required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must successfully pass safe driving course within 30-days of employment.
- Failure to successfully complete the course within the 30-day period is grounds for immediate termination.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.).
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University’s mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter outlining salary requirements, resume, and contact information for four professional references. All applications should be sent electronically in MS Word format to email@example.com.
An equal opportunity employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.