Nurse Aide Instructor, Part-time (non-credit)
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
Corporate Solutions seeks to become the preferred training provider for regional businesses and organizations. We provide non-credit-training and continuing professional education programs for incumbent workers and individuals.
Corporate Solutions is searching for an Adjunct Instructor to teach nurse aide students in the classroom, simulation laboratory, and clinical experiences in our Pennsylvania Department of Education approved NATCEP Program.
• Teach the approved nurse aide curriculum.
• Insure the curriculum is current and accurate.
• Review Curriculum at least annually and revise as needed to keep current.
• Assists with resolving student and staff issues.
• Provide remedial assistance to students as needed.
• Participates in on-site review process conducted by PDE.
• Plan, develop, and provide the educational curriculum for the Nurse Aide Training Program to meet federal state requirements.
• Provide leadership in formulating goals and objectives of the Nurse Aide Training Program.
• Remain current in professional practice.
Candidates must have a current RN license without restrictions, a Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree is preferred), and at least two years of experience as a Registered Nurse (with at least one of the years in long-term care).
Candidates must also have the Pennsylvania Department of Education Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program Teaching-the-Educator (TTE) certificate and the Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) must be acceptable in accordance with P.L. 169 of 1997.
Current experience as an NATCEP instructor is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 2 professional training or consulting references REQUIRED.
• Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Salary Grade or Rank
Part-TimeCommunity College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.