Housekeeping Cleaning Specialist
INSTITUTIONAL SERVICES ASSISTANT
Working Title: Housekeeping Cleaning Specialist
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Res Life-Custodial Care
Division: Student Affairs
Proposed Salary Range: $17,681.00
Position Summary: The Institutional Services Assistant is responsible for general cleaning of areas in and around office buildings, class rooms, lecture halls, conference rooms, auditoriums, resident halls, dining areas, building common areas, and other areas as required. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Deep cleans all residential spaces as they become available.
- Deep cleans all residential facility common spaces.
- Wipes and sanitizes furniture such as desk tops, tables, beds and other surfaces.
- Cleans floors by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing or stripping and waxing in needed areas.
- Empties all trash receptacles in the common spaces of the residence halls.
- Cleans and sanitizes public and private bathrooms in Res. Life apartments, houses, residence halls, laundries and offices.
- Deep cleans Res. Life apartments and houses as they become available.
- Cleans laundry areas daily.
- Cleans from entrances and around assigned work areas of all residential facilities.
- Delivers supplies to and from all residential areas.
- Cleans, vacuums and shampoos carpets.
- Cleans areas requiring special cleaning methods, by use of specific cleansers.
- Sterilizes equipment and/or disposes of contaminated wastes.
- Maintains cleaning equipment and makes minor repairs.
- Notifies supervisor of maintenance and repairs needed.
- Cleans and maintains the Res. Life guest house.
- Works periods of overtime and some weekend work.
- Comes in after hours to handle floods, spills, vandalism and other work on an on-call basis.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
General Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. and overtime as needed.
Other: Heavy periods of overtime during the summer months. Occasional shift work is required. Candidate must possess a valid Drivers License.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques. Knowledge of cleaning equipment operation and maintenance. Ability to follow instructions and perform repetitive manual work. Ability to use cleansers and other agents to clean floors and furniture. Ability to use housekeeping cleaning supplies and equipment. Ability to work independently without close supervision. Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions. Ability to perform multiple tasks and to prioritize assignments. Ability to perform repetitive manual work. Ability to do required lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
Minimum Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.