Administrative Specialist I
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST I
Working Title: Administrative Specialist I
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: Office of Fin Aid and Scholarships
Division: Student Affairs
Proposed Salary Range: $18,855.00
Position Summary: The Administrative Specialist I works under general supervision and is responsible for examining and verifying documents, preparing routine correspondence, and maintaining files. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Provide assistance and other resources to potential and current students, parents, staff, faculty and off-campus agencies
- Input documents into the administrative information system
- Electronic file management, fund management and Federal Perkins Loan Program
- Process award letters, answer incoming phone calls from students and assist with mass mailings in the FAS office
- Assist with various projects FAFSA Information-Communicate instructions for correcting and/or completing this document Forms Manager-Supply documents to potential and current students Scholarship Resource-Provide students and parents with search inquiries pertaining to scholarships
- Other Duties as assigned
General Days/Hours: Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-5 p.m. with occasional nights and/or weekends
Other: Students, Parents, Staff, Faculty, and county, state, and federal agencies
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of record keeping procedures.
Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
Knowledge of basic grammar.
Knowledge of computers and software applications.
Ability to conduct research and compile data into report form.
Ability to establish and maintain filing systems.
Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Ability to analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and procedures.
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
Minimum Qualifications: The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.