Intermediate Administrative Assistant
Working Title: Intermediate Administrative Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: School of Medicine, SOM Core Facilities
Posting Date: 04-12-2017
The School of Medicine's Department of Core Facilities seeks an Intermediate Administrative Assistant to provide high level administrative and clerical support to the Research Infrastructure Associate Director and School of Medicine Core Facilities group (ORCA), including but not limited to the following areas of work: scheduling, communications, event management, ordering, record keeping, and clerical fiscal support.
The qualified candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of office administrative experience. Required computer applications include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Bachelors degree and at least 3 years of experience are preferred.
The qualified candidate must also have excellent customer service skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment; exceptional organization and communication skills; basic understanding of budgeting process; and knowledge of event planning processes.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Applicants should complete a staff application through the Jobs@UVa website and provide a cover letter, resume, and a
list of three references. To apply visit jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting #0620733
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to evaluate, apply and present information and provide advice.
2. Knowledge of administrative procedures. Ability to analyze and present information.
3. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication in daily interactions.
4. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Provide direct support to leaders, as needed.
5. Proficient in computer applications, working knowledge of various database and software programs.
6. Ability to use an array of business software applications, such as word processor software, presentation software, and spreadsheet software.
7. Grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81604