Assistant Vice President for IMPACT and Decision Support
Working Title: Assistant Vice President for IMPACT and Decision Support
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 05-03-2017
The Assistant Vice President for IMPACT and Decision Support is a change catalyst who will proactively inform change and derive insights to support the HR enterprise to improve decision-making across the University. This position will provide vision and strategic direction to the HR IMPACT and Decision Support team, working closely with the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO), Communities of Expertise, Solution Center and Business Partners to understand their needs and provide the tools, data and framework to continuously inform, improve and deliver the highest of customer value. Through the development of trusted relationships within and external to the HR function, this leader will positively influence the HR function and the HR customer experience, proactively identifying needs, evaluating outcomes and tracking HR investments in people and HR capabilities.
This is a critical moment in the University of Virginia's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation, the opportunities and competencies expected for all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting compliance, compensation, and business operations.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques pertinent to the IMPACT function, including project management, governance and risk management, HR analytics and technology, compensation, and finance
- Ability to manage an HR business services, HR analytics, and / or compensation team
- Facilitates interactions across disciplines in a manner that makes disparate topics understandable to all parties, and fosters collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility and influence key stakeholders at all organizational levels
- Excellent management skills and ability to plan effectively and maximize results to meet both short and long range goals and objectives
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and motivating others to maximize input and accomplish goals, especially after experiencing setbacks
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong and innovative problem solving and analytical skills to thoughtfully and tactfully navigate barriers to progress
- Strong leadership capabilities with a passion to encourage idea generation across teams and develop people
- Ability to lead and manage complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Capability of creating timely, practical, and tangible solutions with limited information, and making decisions during times of uncertainty
- Knowledge of HR systems and financial planning, project management office, and business analysis/statistics technology
- Ability to manage third party vendors
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with leading applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, Google docs, Box, and other various tools used for collaboration, project management, and document governance)
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80748