Candidates will assist with daily evaluations and care of student-athletes who have been injured or are rehabilitating from injury within the Athletics department. Candidates will be required to lift equipment, ice coolers, and equipment bags. This is a 10-month position with an anticipated start date of 8/1/17.
**Please include cover letter in addition to application and resume
The following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICANT PACKET section of the application:
***Application Packet Requirements***
- Cover Letter
The Athletic Trainer performs the following essential responsibilities:
- Evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries.
- Track and document injuries and insurance for student records.
- Work with physicians on care required beyond the scope of the trainer.
- Supervise rehabilitation of the student athletes, assist in drug testing of the student athletes.
- Supervise student athletic trainers and communicate with coaches and other staff members.
- Assist Physicians in preparticipation physicals and review medical history.
- Care and prevention of injuries, excellent communication skills and record keeping.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Florida State Licensure eligible.
Hours may vary, must be willing to work early mornings, evening and/or weekends, and travel with athletic teams.
Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Previous experience in a intercollegiate sports medicine environment
Job ID 2017-1376
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo