Candidates will assist with daily evaluations and care of student-athletes who have been injured or are rehabilitating from injury within the Athletics department. Candidates will be required to lift equipment, ice coolers, and equipment bags. This is a 10-month position with an anticipated start date of 8/1/17.
**Please include cover letter in addition to application and resume
The Athletic Trainer performs the following essential responsibilities:
- Evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries.
- Track and document injuries and insurance for student records.
- Work with physicians on care required beyond the scope of the trainer.
- Supervise rehabilitation of the student athletes, assist in drug testing of the student athletes.
- Supervise student athletic trainers and communicate with coaches and other staff members.
- Assist Physicians in preparticipation physicals and review medical history.
- Care and prevention of injuries, excellent communication skills and record keeping.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Florida State Licensure eligible.
Hours may vary, must be willing to work early mornings, evening and/or weekends, and travel with athletic teams.
Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Previous experience in a intercollegiate sports medicine environment
Job ID 2017-1376
Job Locations US - FL - Saint Leo