Job Title: Funder
Reports To: Closing Manager
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt (Hourly)
The Funder is responsible for closing and funding loans according to established guidelines and procedures. Maintain Pipeline that consists of Docs returned, Funded and Shipped to Investor for purchase.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Checking estimated HUDs for accuracy in closing dates, seller concessions, required funds from borrower and fees collected in relation to transaction
• Receipt of fully executed loan documents along with Original Note
• Checking signed loan documents for discrepancies with signatures, notary pages, and missing dates, prior to funding conditions as per Underwriter approval
• Issue a Funding Conditions list to Escrow Agent, Loan Officer and Processor for items needed prior to funding loan
• Packaging and sending Original NOTE with Allonge to warehouse bank
• Collect items and sign off on conditions
• Requesting wire from warehouse bank to fund transaction and issue disbursement and record authorization
• Prep file for shipping by uploading any funding conditions and protect them in LQB, same day as funding, with only the Final HUD pending for shipping.
• Follow up with Escrow Agent within 24-48 hours after funding to collect Final HUD and closing checks - review/upload and provide to accounting.
Disclaimer: Job description is not a complete list of duties. The Funder must be self -sufficient and show the initiative to self -educate industry product and program guidelines.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Minimum of three (3) years prior mortgage closing experience
• Ability to deliver effective results and to meet deadlines in a fast paced work place.
• Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and current automotive insurance
• Sound judgment and decision making skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Excellent phone and service skills
Required Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• The knowledge of the principles and theories
• Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
• Articulate speaker with good interpersonal skills
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There is no exposure or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Alterra is one of the fastest growing 100% Hispanic owned companies in the Nation. The infusion of passion and culture that we instill in our mortgage leaders has been and continues to be the key to our success. At Alterra you will not only enjoy the support of a team in a class of its own, but also access to technologies and resources that make your job more rewarding and more profitable. We want like-minded individuals to join our family today so that together we can continue to do what we set out to do almost a decade ago "Build Wealth Through Homeownership".
Las Vegas, NV
Wed, 12 Apr 2017 08:33:39 PDT