University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
Position #732665 - Requisition #09162
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Information Technology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Enrollment Navigator position.
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
As a department of the Office of Information Technology, CU Online provides critical academic technologies and services to the university with a specific focus on the advancement of technology in support of online learning and student success.
The Enrollment Navigator position within CU Online, provides integrated student support services to current and prospective CU Online students pursuing 100% fully online programs at CU Denver/Anschutz. The person in this role will triage students' inquiries and requests in the areas of admissions, financial services, advising, and career services, and partner with the respective campus offices to provide a seamless and connected student experience. Thus, the ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of online learning, advising practices, recruitment and admission procedures, financial aid and student billing operations, and career development tactics and strategies.
Additionally, the Enrollment Navigator provides proactive support to students throughout the entire student lifecycle, from first inquiry to enrollment, and on to completion. At key checkpoints in this lifecycle, the Enrollment Navigator monitors for student engagement and academic achievement to ensure student success.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Engage with prospective and current students in a proactive, personalized, and integrated way to connect students to the appropriate resources.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge base of all academic departments and pertinent student service units, and articulate this information to prospective and current students.
- Partner with staff of various departments to resolve students' concerns and ensure student success.
- Develop an ongoing relationship and work cooperatively with the Office of Admissions and The Transfer Admissions Center.
- Recruit, follow-up and facilitate admission for CU Online students, from initial inquiry through enrollment.
- Manage student flow between institutions to help them understand which credits will transfer in and where they will fit into their chosen degree plan.
- Provide onboarding, transition and new student orientation for all incoming CU Online students.
- Develop an ongoing relationship and work cooperatively with The Financial Aid & Scholarship Office, and The Bursar's Office.
- Help students determine how much it will cost them to complete their degree at CU Online.
- Advise students about financial aid options, application, awards, and general financial aid processes.
- Walk students through the process of finding financial aid, scholarships, and other types of financial support.
- Help students understand their bill and assist with resolving any billing issues.
- Connect students to outreach, educational, and informational activities that enhance their financial literacy.
- Develop an ongoing relationship and work cooperatively with The Academic Success & Advising Center, and the advising offices of each school and college.
- Prepare students to maximize their ability to successfully complete and engage in online courses.
- Work with students and campus advisors to determine which courses are needed, and when they should be taken.
- Help students register for classes.
- Identify students with progression problems and recommend timely and effective interventions.
- Equip students with the technical skills needed to succeed at CU Online.
- Develop an ongoing relationship and work cooperatively with The Career Center and The Experiential Learning Center.
- Guide students to select "good-fit" degree programs that align with their career and academic goals.
- Connect students to training and resources that prepare them to succeed and advance in the workforce.
- Assist students with identifying, applying, and selecting internships that align with their academic and professional goals.
- Assist students in finding meaningful experiential learning opportunities.
- Present students with opportunities to study abroad.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $50,000 to $55,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, health care, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, library science, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Two years' experience working in higher education in a student services professional position.
Conditions of Employment:
Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of admissions, recruitment, advising, career development and financial aid practices in higher education.
- Working knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
- Knowledge of the sales cycle.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in student affairs, counseling, or learning technologies.
- Sales experience
- Experience working in higher education in either admissions, advising, financial aid, or career services.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with key campus student services.
- Experience working with online students.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Apr 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: OIT Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: ucd-oit.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00732665