Assistant Director II
Inst Equity & Div-Gen - 210000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm; other times as needed
Join the Division of Institutional Equity and Diversity as we partner with University of North Texas (UNT) faculty, staff and the local community to uphold an inclusive environment that promotes UNT student success in a global marketplace. The UNT community highly values the educational benefits of diversity and actively supports and respects all of our members.
The Office of Equal Opportunity is looking for an EO Investigator to be a part of our exciting strategic initiatives and expansive vision for the future of UNT. The Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO) is the primary office at the University of North Texas responsible for enforcing the University's equal opportunity policies and for investigating complaints of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
The Institutional Equity and Diversity Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an EO Investigator.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Perform faculty hiring review process.
* Manage the complaint process by performing intake of complaints from university employees and students regarding allegations of discriminatory behavior based on protected class within the university.
* Assess viability of complaint and refer as needed to appropriate staff members.
* Resolve inquiries by making referrals and providing proper documentation.
* Prepare investigative plans and conduct investigations as assigned.
* Interact with students, faculty, managers, administrators, and employees at all levels of the University in performing investigative duties.
* Provide regular updates to the OEO team about case management approach, status and progress.
* Maintain accurate and thorough investigatory records and reports of finding(s).
* Provide education and training to students, faculty and staff on issues of prohibited harassment or discrimination, as assigned (including New Hire Orientation and Search Committee Orientation).
* Assist with the preparation of the Affirmative Action Plan with outside vendor and UNT System.
* Produce and prepare special projects, reports and surveys for the Director or Vice President as requested.
* Prepare, edit, and monitor publications related to EO, AAP, and faculty hiring for advertisements, publications, and the department website.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Three (3) years of proven experience in the investigation and resolution of allegations of discrimination, civil rights, equal opportunity or related matters or alternately 2 years experience in the legal field post-law school.
* Demonstrated experience in mediation/dispute resolution skills.
* Demonstrated experience with Affirmation Action Plans.
* Demonstrated ability to interview individuals with complaints, research, gather and analyze factual data and evidence.
* Demonstrated experience in delivering training programs or in presenting persuasive oral arguments.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter, a professional writing sample that is wholly their own work, and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting