DIRECTOR-ENTERPRISE INTERNET SERVICES
JOB NO.: 90326-LI
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/ENTERPRISE/DEPT OFFC
Categories: Computer Science, Dean, Director, Executive, Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Management/Supervisory
Employment Class: Limited
Position Vacancy ID: 90326-LI
Working Title: Director-Enterprise Internet Services
Official Title: DIR, ADM COMP SRV/L(J52DL)
Hiring Department: A067100-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/ENTERPRISE/DEPT OFFC
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 19, 2017
Advertised Salary: Minimum $127,518 Maximum $150,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience: Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree.
* Experience managing professional technical staff and building successful work teams in a large, complex environment.
* Demonstrated success in providing high-quality, customer-focused, technology services.
* Experience working collaboratively across diverse stakeholder groups to build consensus and drive decision-making processes.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with a high degree of engagement, initiative, and organizational ability.
* Experience developing and managing budgets.
* Demonstrable ability to conceptualize and clearly articulate IT solutions to non-technical audiences.
* Experience leading strategic planning efforts and change management initiatives.
* Demonstrated experience with project management, including experience with large or enterprise scale projects.
* Experience with vendor agreements and vendor management.
Position Summary: The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides technology services to the University of Wisconsin - Madison and a more limited set of services to UW System and other units of state government. DoIT employs approximately 900 people and has an operating budget of over $110 million. The Enterprise Internet Services department is comprised of three managers, approximately sixty professional staff, an operating budget of almost $10 million and is made up of four groups:
- Enterprise Architecture - consulting on IT issues from an enterprise-scale perspective.
- Productivity & Collaborative Solutions - cloud and premise based applications for general use in teaching, research, and administration.
- Middleware Systems Technology - identity and access management technologies and services.
- Application & Infrastructure Services - tools, platforms, and services for application development, integration, administration, and support.
The Director of Enterprise Internet Services is a visionary IT leader who understands the role that IT services can play in furthering the mission of the university. Working closely with the Office of the CIO and others, he or she provides leadership in developing, planning, and implementing strategic long-term and short-term goals, projects, and initiatives that address that mission.
This position reports to the DoIT Chief Operating Officer and is a member of the DoIT leadership team. As a member of that team, the director sponsors cross-departmental teams for the smooth operation and seamless delivery of technology services to the UW-Madison campus, UW System, and other users of DoIT systems and services.
Additional Information: Please note: DoIT is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Contact: Vickie Arneson
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants: In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 12 Apr 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 11 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time