Buyer (F/T), CF3N32082PURCH
Under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, prepare specifications and proposals for goods and services. Prepare procurement documents for materials, supplies and services necessary to meet the College's operational needs with proper consideration given to quality, price and delivery.
Position Title: Buyer (F/T), CF3N32082PURCH
Duties of Position:
- Process requisitions on a timely basis for procurement of items.
- Prepare and solicit bids and quotes, including detailed technical specifications as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
- Check and proof accuracy and completeness of materials; answer questions and explain policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of sources and develop new sources of supply.
- Assist using departments in defining specifications and requirements.
- Create formal bid documents; coordinate requirements with originators; write and evaluate specifications.
- Evaluate bid responses to ensure conformance with bid terms, conditions and specifications.
- Prepare tabulation of bid responses.
- In conjunction with the using department, prepare a written evaluation as to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder meeting requirements.
- Act as liaison between vendor and end users concerning delivery, quality, contract issues, etc.
- Assist in providing budgetary pricing for user departments.
- Interview sales representatives for supplies and equipment.
- Assist Purchasing Manager in publicly opening bids.
- Assist Purchasing Manager in preparing required reports.
- Responsible for maintaining catalog files, updating purchase order information and retention of contract files.
- Act on behalf of the Purchasing Manager, as directed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Minimum three (3) years' experience in public procurement or closely related work experience of a progressively responsible nature. Demonstrable experience with MS Word and Excel. Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Five (5) years' experience in public procurement, including experience with competitive bidding in the open market and preparation of specifications.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or closely related area of study. Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or equivalent credential(s).
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Personal Computer, multi-line telephone, fax machine, calculator, copier and scanning equipment.
General office environment. Ability to lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Business Affairs - BUSAF
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt